Not again !!!!!!!!!!!!!

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
F*(&*n alt took a crap again this time at the track . Went to my local 1/8th mile track to do a little t&t and dial in the shift points . 1st pass track was horrible , 3700 on the tb only 8 psi's spun 1st and 2nd had to lift , ran a 6.98 @ 104.68 with a 1.89 60ft .
Waited 30 minutes to cool down and when I fired the carC up again saw the battery light come on checked the voltage and saw 11.8 volts .
The problem was I drove to the track since its like 20 miles from the house so I took off and hoped I would make it .
I got all the way to my front gate and then the dash lights when out . I was sooooo lucky.
Anyway the PA Alt lasted about 4 months . Im getting an OEM one hopefully tomorrow . Cant believe my luck . At leaast the car ran good on that 1st pass on the street setting low boost.

Pete

Redfire_WNL

THE BEAST UNLEASHED!
Reaction score
F*(&*n alt took a crap again this time at the track . Went to my local 1/8th mile track to do a little t&t and dial in the shift points . 1st pass track was horrible , 3700 on the tb only 8 psi's spun 1st and 2nd had to lift , ran a 6.98 @ 104.68 with a 1.89 60ft .
Waited 30 minutes to cool down and when I fired the carC up again saw the battery light come on checked the voltage and saw 11.8 volts .
The problem was I drove to the track since its like 20 miles from the house so I took off and hoped I would make it .
I got all the way to my front gate and then the dash lights when out . I was sooooo lucky.
Anyway the PA Alt lasted about 4 months . Im getting an OEM one hopefully tomorrow . Cant believe my luck . At leaast the car ran good on that 1st pass on the street setting low boost.

Pete
8 months later and mine is doing fine, and they should be covered under warranty still if it has only been 4 months. I think it was a lifetime with these things.

PNR Welding

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Holy crap my I was scared to look in the thread after the title. Glad that it's just the alternator. I've been on the same original alternator. That is some thing I keep checking in the datalogs.

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
When I changed it the 1st time I called my local Ford dealers and nobody had one in stock so I bought the PA since I could get it right away. I thought these were supposed to be better then Factory OEM . I guess not. Just got up called my local Ford dealer they have one in stock on my way now .
Wish it wouldn't be such a PITA to change out . Im pissed. Its going to ruin my weekend.

Pete

AJ

US Muscle, AUS Hustle....
Reaction score
Pete, does your plate read kornfed?

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
moved to mustang chat :highfive:

My PA 200 has bee great for 3 years...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back