Not really a before and after but a few pics of my work

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well I did have a camera full of pics of the before look but somehow it disappeared in the remodeling process . Anyway as you can see I still have a few minor things to finish up a few moldings here and there and paint the breaker box cover to match . Everything you see was done by me as in not paid anyone I personally did it all , well except the kitchen cabinets but if their contractor didn't they would not have come with a warranty . This house use to have old dark wood paneling and peel and stick floors . The kitchen was 3' longer and there was a door on the back wall behind where the fridge is now , well i decided to make another room bigger so I moved the wall and boxed in the door . I redid this whole house top to bottom including wiring , plumbing , fixtures , walls , floors , etc. everything . I have to get a few more pics of the rest of the house these are just a few I picked off the realtor site ....yes I said that right I just about have this house finished and now we are moving lol . The one fricking thing that annoys me is the damn white exterior doors but that's what the wife wanted so as normal the boss wins .

60" flat screen FTMFW lol
11004230.jpg

11004230-04-alt.jpg

11004230-03-alt.jpg

11004230-02-alt.jpg

11004230-01-alt.jpg

Last edited:

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice work. How much of a challenge was that moulding? I've been thinking of trying to do mine, but it takes some balls to take on that.

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice work. How much of a challenge was that moulding? I've been thinking of trying to do mine, but it takes some balls to take on that.

It's honestly not that bad man once you get the hang of it , just do the old saying measure twice cut once ! ..... I did kind of cheat a little though I used corner blocks so I didn't have to 45* it and it dresses it up to a little . It also helps if the walls are not perfectly square ( learned that in a buddy's house I redid for him ) If you do painted ones they are simple because caulking covers your screw ups with these it pretty much has to be dead on , wood putty/filler can be used but I just don't like the way it looks ( little on the ocd/perfectionist side ) . Another thing is don't cheap out on a miter saw they are a fuckin pain to get perfectly set ....spend the extra few bucks you will thank me later .

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sweet. I'm going to tackle some other things first and work my way up to that. I've got a guy who can do it pretty cheap, so I may just end up having him do it.

JimC

Reaction score
Looks good and a lot of work. Well done.

We have a big remodeling project going but hired it out - lack of time and skill here. We added a third bay to the garage and added another 800 sq ft to the house. I have mine posted over at www.mustangcollective.com with each phase of the project.

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looks good and a lot of work. Well done.

We have a big remodeling project going but hired it out - lack of time and skill here. We added a third bay to the garage and added another 800 sq ft to the house. I have mine posted over at www.mustangcollective.com with each phase of the project.

Yea man I wish I could have hired out too but since katrina/rita contractors want double to quadruple what they usually charge . I guess I am just to hardheaded to pay that much when I know damn well how much it's costs to do . I had done some construction/roofing beforehand but not much at all this was a " learning process " lol . I really like the way it came out for the most part it's just that we are finally looking to move out of state and I think now that I have the wife convinced she's on a damn mission to GTFO asap .

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back