Novi 2200sl Install!!

2007grabberGT

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks,everyone.
gtman, funny you should say that, I have seen novi 2200 systems on s197s installed with the maf being clocked at about 10 o'clock as seen front the front of the car. Then I was reading about some issues with that position, and a recommendation that clocking it to the 7 o'clock position would be ideal. I haven't started the car yet, but will read a bit more before I finally fire it up..

2007grabberGT

forum member
Reaction score
Just verified with my tuner that I should have the maf clocked in the 7 o'clock position. "Seven or seven thirty"

2007grabberGT

forum member
Reaction score
After a brief battle with a p0401 code, the Tang Stang fired up and idled beautifully! Let it get up to temp. Now to check for leaks and loose connections. Friday I'll test drive it!

That sound, that wonderful whine! Daddy like!

09mb5854

Reaction score
Question to all .....

Will the Paxton / Novi / Vortech type superchargers work with the FRPP performance intake?

I thought that I had read somewhere that there was a fitment issue when using with the FRPP Performance intake.

Thanks in advance for the info.....

gtman

forum member
Reaction score
Question to all .....

Will the Paxton / Novi / Vortech type superchargers work with the FRPP performance intake?

I thought that I had read somewhere that there was a fitment issue when using with the FRPP Performance intake.

Thanks in advance for the info.....

I searched online for pics for ya and yes they will work.

PNR Welding

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mine did not fit that well at all. A lot of modification to get it to work with 07+
Had to chop the coolant crossover tube and weld a tube on it to angle it downwards.
Then the blower needs to be filed down because it hits the throttle body motor cylinder on side.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Bill,

Looking good buddy nice install.

IMAG0664.jpg

I hope you come back here and do a review on how you like the Paxton now that it is installed.

Terry

2007grabberGT

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks, Terry!
I've been one a couple of test runs , and will review soon enough! So far very pleased!

2007grabberGT

forum member
Reaction score

Radiator extension cover needed a little modification to fit the relocated ps reservoir. Cordless Dremel made it easy.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Terry!
I've been one a couple of test runs , and will review soon enough! So far very pleased!

Bill,

I'm looking forward to reading your review once you get some miles on the new Paxton.

I can tell you IMO it is going to run real strong.

I did that same S/C Paxton for a buddy of mine.
He did a thread on here with pics of the work.
You might like to check it out.
http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112341

Ihave rode in and driven his Mustang many-many miles and it really runs great.
He has Cams. LT headers, Ford Racing Intake, gears, Brenspeed tune they did the install etc.
So I do have a basis for what you can look forward to.
icon10.gif

Happy motoring man ...........

Terry

09mb5854

Reaction score

Thank you for the link. Great information.

I really like what I see with this SC. I am seriously considering this mod for my mustang during my "winter project time"

I am trying to eliminate as many of the possible "issues" before I start on a project like this.

Would the use of individual water inlets (and removing the cross over pipe) provide enough clearance to allow for the installation?

Thanks for all the great information.

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This shows the throttle body hitting and the coolant tube.

Do not remember having a real clearance issue using a Ford Racing Throttle Body, as I recall my oem Vortech coolant tube had a dimple in it for clearance and while tight I was able to compensate by rotating/twisting the rad hose and tube.

Thank you for the link. Great information.

I really like what I see with this SC. I am seriously considering this mod for my mustang during my "winter project time"

I am trying to eliminate as many of the possible "issues" before I start on a project like this.

Would the use of individual water inlets (and removing the cross over pipe) provide enough clearance to allow for the installation?

Thanks for all the great information.

Bill, not clear on what you mean by "use of individual water inlets" are you talking about 05-06 style rather than 07-10? The thread you were pointed to has examples of both approaches. On a 05-06 it is necessary to cut the FRPP manifold. On an 07-10 it is not a requirement to modify the manifold in anyway if your eliminate the Paxton/Vortech thermostat spacer by cutting, clocking and welding the thermostat housing.

PNR Welding

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice moroso valve covers.

I am using stock throttle body with frpp intake manifold.
Took a good amount of modification to get the Paxton to fit 07 style for me.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back