o2 sensor spacers

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
I ended up discovering that when I setup a second emissions tune. At that point though I was pretty much done trying to get it to pass with spacers and the original tune.

In the future if the car won't pass with the existing setup and I have to try spacers again I'll re-enable the rear O2 sensors.

07 Boss

Reaction score
I ended up discovering that when I setup a second emissions tune. At that point though I was pretty much done trying to get it to pass with spacers and the original tune.

In the future if the car won't pass with the existing setup and I have to try spacers again I'll re-enable the rear O2 sensors.

The regular spacers or spark plug anti-foulers are hit and miss as far as success. The mini-cat spacers work for sure.

GlassTop09

Reaction score
I have mini-cat spacers and pass OBDII smog testing and never throw a cat code. Going on 2+ years now. Never tried the regular spacers or anti-foulers but sometimes they can be hit or miss. I also have a 3-valve and I seem to remember the coyote motors were a little harder to fool. I have in the past built my own cat sims from few bucks in Radio Shack parts and they worked flawlessly for a couple of years too. But again it is my understanding that this does not work for the coyote.

Are those mini cat CEL eliminators from Big Daddies Garage? They make a set that looks just like these you're showing to tame the Dodge 6.4L modified Hemi's………...

Just curious...……….

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
The Coyote PCM will most likely laugh at the spacers and keep popping 0420/0430 codes.
It's way too picky to care, unless you have OEM cats on the car you'll probably be dealing with the codes.
Or of course have a tuner shut off the rear O2's

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
If I run into problems passing I may throw the spacers back on and attempt to resolve the issue with a tune change at that point. If that fails plan B is to put the stock cats back on and then have vmp update the tune for me. They'll encrypt it though so unfortunately I won't be able to make changes which sucks.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Are those mini cat CEL eliminators from Big Daddies Garage? They make a set that looks just like these you're showing to tame the Dodge 6.4L modified Hemi's………...

Just curious...……….

Yes, Big Daddies is where I got mine from. I had to get the 90* ones to fit in my sensor location, but yes, those are the ones.

07 Boss

Reaction score
If I run into problems passing I may throw the spacers back on and attempt to resolve the issue with a tune change at that point. If that fails plan B is to put the stock cats back on and then have vmp update the tune for me. They'll encrypt it though so unfortunately I won't be able to make changes which sucks.

The Coyote PCM will most likely laugh at the spacers and keep popping 0420/0430 codes.
It's way too picky to care, unless you have OEM cats on the car you'll probably be dealing with the codes.
Or of course have a tuner shut off the rear O2's

Won't work with regular spacers, not on a Coyote motor. You'll need the mini cats and then still I'm not sure as I don't know anyone running the mini cats on the Coyote. So either try the mini cats or install cats.

GlassTop09

Reaction score
Yes, Big Daddies is where I got mine from. I had to get the 90* ones to fit in my sensor location, but yes, those are the ones.
Thanks!

I thought that these were from them. I actually bought the Big Daddies Garage 90* cell eliminators w\o the mini cat section for my Stang to also fit in my rear O2 sensor location (I have them active in the ECU). I found out that if I lugged the motor (like going up an incline in 5th gear w\ accel pedal past 35%) this would set off the MIL w\ P0420\P0430 codes in my car (running Kooks 1 5\8" LT headers w\ Kooks Catted X-Pipe), otherwise no issues. Checked the FF data & saw that the cat operating temps were @ 1350*F at MIL but all other readouts were within specs. Looked at all O2 sensor test data....all tests results came back OK so it appears that the ECU is programmed for a max OEM cat operating temp somewhere <1350*F to protect the OEM cat substrate (looked hi & lo for any data on this from Ford but found none to date). My Kooks Hi Flow Cats substrate is rated for 1500*F max operating temp (found on Kooks website) so I don't know if the max cat operating temp threshold can be changed in the ECU tune/firmware to match the Kooks cats so I installed these to keep this from happening again since Big Daddies rated these to handle up to a 6.4L engine I didn't order the mini cats section & to date I haven't had a MIL since installation 1 1\2 yrs back. I have swapped out the OEM camshafts w\ Lunati VooDoo #21270700 camshafts & car retuned since then but so far no issues....not even a pending code is set so all good so far.

I asked as I recognized the construction looked very similar to mine which I had bought from Big Daddies Garage.

:thumb:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back