OEM Headbolts

saleen07gt

forum member
Reaction score
I purchased some OEM headbolts but I noticed my OEM bolts say SPS and my replacements have some symbol. Is this correct or is somebody trying to sell these bolts as OEM tty head bolts ?

Attachments

• CAM00015.jpg
    CAM00015.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 72

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
The head bolts that I just removed from my engine(bought as the FRPP head changing kit) have SPS on the head.

saleen07gt

forum member
Reaction score
Thats what I was afraid of. I purchased these online for about $40 from a Modular shop , they claimed they were authentic Ford OEM bolts, looks like they might be some aftermarket bolt. They will probably be okay, I've already installed them and the motor is running pretty decent.

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I purchased some OEM headbolts but I noticed my OEM bolts say SPS and my replacements have some symbol. Is this correct or is somebody trying to sell these bolts as OEM tty head bolts ?
I just checked the bolts that came in my FRPP kit and they have the same symbol as your new ones do so my guess is that you're good to go.

I'm going with ARP head studs on my build.

Last edited:

tnsaleen

forum member
Reaction score
I was looking at MMR and I think they had 2 different sets, both factory at TTY. They might be newer revised hardware

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back