Official Sacremnto Raceway Grudgefest

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
Intro:

Ok.. so before I show the fun stuff there are things that need to be covered...

1) It was nice to finally meet Paul=(psfracer). He was cool and didnt call me fat at all. We also talked allot about Don_W and hawg having a "special bond", Dave's jealousy with the '13 gt500s and amount of time he spends "moderating" the Boobies thread. We laughed at Nicks attempt to fill himself with 4x4 eco-boost stories when we all know what he wants and needs. We also talked about Kimmer and how he really ordered a Screamn yellow stang, but got orange. It was close enough. It was also nice to meet Fabman out there. He did good, but some how lost to a truck??!!? a truck... but I'm not going to hold it over him.. Then there was Sactown(steve). As most know I have no love for AED, but I have to give them props. Steves car and new turbo is bad ass. Clean like a new car.. He keept trying to get me to go in back to the AED trailer.. Nooo thanks I know how that would turn out. :deadhorse2: I also have a vid of your friend but I cant remember his name. Also, give a shout out to a new s197 member we met out there. I forgot his name too, but he has the white '13 gt. PM me later with your number that way we can all keep contact. Also one last shout out to my old friend that out of the blue decided to do a houdini on me. It sucked going to fat mikes alone.

2) Now One reason it took me a day to post stuff up is because I wanted to try and record everything in 4K.. Thats right. Again Lostsoul in the forefront of Tech! Even though he was never asked to be a mod or in the car of the month or even said to be "SOME" significance.. Now, as always being in the forefront of tech is not easy. The only device I had to record 4K was my wifes new Galaxy note 3(yea she was pissed I took it). Of course this is the first phone to ever offer the option and to most people it means nothing.. but its happening now and of course the new over priced pimp version iphone cant.. ha ha.. But anyways, I'm new to all this stuff and there are limitaions and things to work out. One is I think youtube is the only one that will stream it free. When they steam it they will compress it allot so it might be so so. Also Doing 4K on the cam I have issue with stabilization(there is none at 4K) and also like all cameras lighting, when the sun comes down the pics get grainy. But its 4K grainy... Now there is software out there like adobe premier and after something? but I have to look into that. Now the cool thing is that it looks like youtube lets me upload the full videos and I did have them do the stabilization but it looks a little strange, but it helps with the shaking a little. Also When I tested last night when you first load a video it will only show the HD to 1080, the next morning I saw another option above that shows Original(that should be 4K). Dont know why it does that, but again.. all new.. so you guys might only have the 1080 for now. I can always mess with it more later.

MAIN:

Start of the day.. Taking my car out. Still the best color.. ever.. so glad ford decided to toss it out.. Pricks.. New c7 loos good in yellow. Others have yellow.. wtf..

We will start off with Pfsracer:

As a Mod I asked the most important question many of you have been asking..

Then We have Sactown(steve) He did not bring me a free hooka.

hehe.. it slipped steve.. dont get mad

Here is Fabman..

I was getting a nice 4K burn out.......till the wife called!! Damn women..

how do you lose to a truck? :spank2:

Then he is the other AED guy.

Then we have the new s197 member. Looks like you broke a new car??

Then another I took..

Then the ride home:

Damn Nav interrupts as much as my wife. Also holding a 5.7" screen phone and driving is not fun.. haha I need go pro.

Here are the pictures:

Sactown=

20131012_172902.jpg

20131012_172239.jpg

I also touched his pull thingie without him seeing

20131012_172918.jpg

Fabman:

I told him I was lostsoul and he rushed inside the car

20131012_183333_RichtoneHDR.jpg

20131012_183638_RichtoneHDR.jpg

Psfracer:

20131012_151725.jpg

20131012_183204_RichtoneHDR.jpg

20131012_183147_RichtoneHDR.jpg

Someone would not show me his "bottles"

20131012_183126_RichtoneHDR.jpg

20131012_174913.jpg

He had a Very sexy model show up and pose for him.. also the model was sporting the OFFICIAL S197 shirt..

20131012_174926.jpg

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice vids Ted! Thanks for uploading those.

That is nice video from a phone. I went full screen/1080 and it looked nice. I will check it out tomorrow also to see if the 4K shows up.

That Chevelle I raced got all kinds of air, but our 60' times were the same. I like being able to hear the announcer comments also.

lostsoul

Reaction score
It looks like youtube is doing something to 4K vids.. every time I post it the 4K option is there and then a day or 2 it just offers 1080,, I hope they they dont end it.. I just blew 2500 to get a 4K setup.. just got the screen 2 days ago.. Playing BF4 in 4K is cool, but its still a year away from being really used... almost like something else of mine.. just sitting =-/... but thats another story

Clipboard

forum member
Reaction score
i wish i was able to make it to that, had to work ;(. great stuff!

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
what is 4k? is that like 1080p x 4? im not really tech savvy. also, is that why it looks like your car bends at ten seconds in the first video?

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Intro:

2) Now One reason it took me a day to post stuff up is because I wanted to try and record everything in 4K.. Thats right. Again Lostsoul in the forefront of Tech! Even though he was never asked to be a mod or in the car of the month or even said to be "SOME" significance.. Now, as always being in the forefront of tech is not easy. The only device I had to record 4K was my wifes new Galaxy note 3(yea she was pissed I took it). Of course this is the first phone to ever offer the option and to most people it means nothing.. but its happening now and of course the new over priced pimp version iphone cant.. ha ha.. But anyways, I'm new to all this stuff and there are limitaions and things to work out. One is I think youtube is the only one that will stream it free. When they steam it they will compress it allot so it might be so so. Also Doing 4K on the cam I have issue with stabilization(there is none at 4K) and also like all cameras lighting, when the sun comes down the pics get grainy. But its 4K grainy... Now there is software out there like adobe premier and after something? but I have to look into that. Now the cool thing is that it looks like youtube lets me upload the full videos and I did have them do the stabilization but it looks a little strange, but it helps with the shaking a little. Also When I tested last night when you first load a video it will only show the HD to 1080, the next morning I saw another option above that shows Original(that should be 4K). Dont know why it does that, but again.. all new.. so you guys might only have the 1080 for now. I can always mess with it more later.
You kidding me dude ... You taught me how to plastidip :crazy:

lostsoul

Reaction score
You kidding me dude ... You taught me how to plastidip :crazy:

errr.. yea.. sorry about that.. hahah

yes, 4K is about 4x the rez. Its all still new and slowly coming out. 4K TVs are already out and droping in price. I bought a cheap chinese seiki 39' for $700. There are better ones out there for 2-4K and will drop more next year. Now the main problem is content. You can find compressed you-tube stuff that looks great, but they are not full movies. There are tv shows and movies done in 4K but have to order from amazon or other places. Sony offers a steaming 4K box and netflix says they will offer 4K streaming later. 2 Good things just happened in the last month or 2 to help with some of the issues. HDMI 2.0 was released, meaning that the TVs now can do 60hz as compared to 30hz. So the higher the refresh rate the better the motion on secreen and less dropped frames. One of the issues with 4K tvs like mine is the 30hz rate, but for VIDEO and using it as a PC screen I dont see an issue. One of the main reasons for that is because I upgraded my video card to r9 290x from AMD it was meant for 4K and blows everything out of the water. Normally on the internet people say you cant play games at 4K but with this card all that is bull. I'm playing the new BF4 @ 64FPS avg! all settings maxed out. I might be dropping frames but I dont see it. The 60z would be nice but those tv will come out next year.
The other good thing to come out was a damn UHD standard. They have been working on it in different forms for a while but it will help compress all that data to be more manageable.

ahhhh.. I think that about covers that question..

toorbeenee

turbine lunatic
Reaction score
Amazing vids there, wish i can go there one day.

Thank you for sharing

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back