offroad down pipes? Anyone have them?

apd252

forum member
Reaction score
Is anyone running off road down pipes (section of pipe containing the converters between the headers and midpipe)? I have only found them produced by hearthrob. Does anyone else make them? Does anyone have a link to a website that sells them? I cant find a website that actually has them listed for sale.

Thanks guy.

jsnyng

Reaction score
Are you talking about an offroad X or offroad H pipe? If so, lots of us are running them from Blow By Racing or Lethal Performance.

apd252

forum member
Reaction score
No I'm not. Hearthrob exhaust makes just the section that would normally contain the converter but, in a straight pipe.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Are you trying to keep the factory h pipe? If so you are wasting your time as it is junk.

apd252

forum member
Reaction score
Are you trying to keep the factory h pipe? If so you are wasting your time as it is junk.

No I'm not. I have a hushpower cat back 3".It replaced the exhuast from the down tubes back.

I was looking at headers and after reading many different tests I came to the conclusion that 20 rwhp isnt worth $900 - $1500.

During my searching I found someone who ran offroad down pipes and gained 12 - 15 rwhp for less than $200. Seems pretty cost effective to me.

The only other option I was considering was jpcracing headers. They connect to the midpipe in the factory location, which is where the hushpower system runs from. There again though $900 for the headers.

Last edited:

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
I think he is talking about Off Road H and X pipes indeed.

He dont want the whole header and X or H pipe combo just the X or H

Just like BBR and Lethal.

cbrtrx

forum member
Reaction score
I have just the down pipes and it makes the same power as the other cars I've seen with the full mid pipe. Yes the factory h pipe does neck down to 2.25" like the resonators do but it dosnt seem to affect the car much.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Pypes makes the cat delete pipes for the 4.6, I'm going to assume they make them for the 5.0 as well. Not sure who sells them since I bought mine second hand on the forum.

apd252

forum member
Reaction score
Skwerl, I will check them out as well.

The rest of you guys, thanks for the response but, I AM NOT LOOKING FOR AN OFFROAD X OR H PIPE.

The hushpower cat back replaces the mid pipe. It is in a different style than the original so anything that replaces a stock mid pipe will not fit. Check the photo of the mid pipe I have

.flowmasterxpipe.jpg

2011IngotGt

forum member
Reaction score
Check BBR

Skwerl, I will check them out as well.

The rest of you guys, thanks for the response but, I AM NOT LOOKING FOR AN OFFROAD X OR H PIPE.

The hushpower cat back replaces the mid pipe. It is in a different style than the original so anything that replaces a stock mid pipe will not fit. Check the photo of the mid pipe I have

.View attachment 28410

They may have what you need. I understand what your looking for, I was in the same boat when I had my 3 inch Bassani catback.

apd252

forum member
Reaction score
They may have what you need. I understand what your looking for, I was in the same boat when I had my 3 inch Bassani catback.

If I would have known how different it was, it may have changed my mind on what system I would have purchased.

What did you end up doing?

Last edited:

DRock

Reaction score
GO to an exhaust shop and have them make you a piece of tubing that will slip right in.

apd252

forum member
Reaction score
GO to an exhaust shop and have them make you a piece of tubing that will slip right in.

I've tried that before. As soon as it has something to do with emissions, no one around here wants to touch it.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back