Oil Catch Tank Part II

V8power

Camel Toe FTL!
Reaction score
Well here is my first thread on the DIY oil catch tank I made.
http://s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34443

I ran into a little problem. As you can see, the bottom of the filters are open so I connected them with a hose so it wouldnt leak oil everywhere. Now heres the problem, I couldnt drain the oil with that on so I created this...

IMG_1064.jpg

Now I know that the two tubes dont look even and thats because they arent. The are uneven so that the bottom doesnt hit the wires under it.

IMG_1057.jpg

IMG_1059.jpg

IMG_1060.jpg

IMG_1061.jpg

Here are some pictures Installed.

IMG_1065.jpg

IMG_1066.jpg

IMG_1067.jpg

IMG_1068.jpg

IMG_1069.jpg

And heres the oil i cought to prove that it works and on top of that, each tank catches the same amount of oil. This was after a few 100 miles.

IMG_1063.jpg

Now it works great! If anyone else likes it i can make them for them too. Just PM me. Its really not hard and it looks great!

Let me know what you think!

StickShifty

Reaction score
looks good. nice setup. i am N/A and i am installing the UPR one tomorrow. i am interested in seeing how much it catches.

V8power

Camel Toe FTL!
Reaction score
looks good. nice setup. i am N/A and i am installing the UPR one tomorrow. i am interested in seeing how much it catches.

If you are driving the car hard, I would empty it once a month.

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What are the catch units and where did you get them

V8power

Camel Toe FTL!
Reaction score
They are Husky Brand Mini General Purpose Filter. Part number USA SKU: 401-910.

V8power

Camel Toe FTL!
Reaction score
They come in a little tube like thing with a black rubber top.

StickShifty

Reaction score
If you are driving the car hard, I would empty it once a month.

i take it easy on the car. i have about 1-2 hours of driving time with the catch can, and there already is a nice amount of oil in it.

TotoGT06

forum member
Reaction score
Nice! I have the Husky setup also(I have them connected right against eachother with a male to male connector) I notice after it gets to the lip of the drain it doesnt fill anymore so I might have to try this. Never noticed any drip marks in my engine bay though and its been a month or 2 since i installed it

foolio2k4

forum member
Reaction score
you dont need that bottom drainer part. Take a large hex wrench inside the bowl. Unscrew it out. Place a washer inside so the valve doesnt lift and suck in air under vacuum. the washer acts as a stopper. Then you have a complete vaccum inside. rather than having the suction from the bottom.

foolio2k4

forum member
Reaction score
Nice! I have the Husky setup also(I have them connected right against eachother with a male to male connector) I notice after it gets to the lip of the drain it doesnt fill anymore so I might have to try this. Never noticed any drip marks in my engine bay though and its been a month or 2 since i installed it

I had the same problem. until i solved it with a washer.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back