Oil in the intake

utm18

forum member
Reaction score
How does oil blowing thru the intake affect the coyote motor? Does it/ can it cause knock?

Scott_0

forum member
Reaction score
like any other motor, oil introduced into the combustion chamber, lowers the octane, so yes it can cause knock, the coyote motor is no different

sent from my S6 using tapatalk

utm18

forum member
Reaction score
I've been getting knock at the same rpm range on my datalogs. Between 4500-5500rpm range, mostly still in the negative range but lately it's be going into a positive knock pulling timing. Tuner said it was fuel related and pulled some timing. I've logged most the gas in my area and use the stations the show the better logs. Im just wondering if it was caused from the oil blow thru.

dre256

forum member
Reaction score
Oil blow by is mostly on the passenger side of the engine to the intake. I have an oil separator on my car and every 1000 miles I have a good teaspoon in there of oil. Driver side I have heard very little to non gets into the intake from that side. But like any other engine, it will gunk up the intake manifold, mix with the air and fuel and bring down the octane level in the fuel and hurt performance of the engine like mentioned above. Now how much power are you losing unfortunately I don't have an answer for that.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back