Oil pump Replacements 2018

ESP41

Reaction score
I read all the oil pump threads. Most are a few years old now. What is the current thinking on replacement?

Is it still the 2013 GT500 oil pump, with my GT spring and plug? (Stronger backing plate on the pump- correct oil pressure with the spring)

Add the TSS (T$$) gears if you have power adders?

Any Melling oil pumps as good as the above?

Is the FRPP pump still $$$$$$$?

My application is a 4.6 3v engine, spinning to around 6800 frequently. 50K fun (ie, lots of autocrosses and track days) miles. It will continue to see lots of competition.

Racer47

Doesn't have much to say
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Coincidentally, I was just going through the same thing. I'm not exactly sure whats in the Melling pump. I ordered a new 2013 gt500 pump for about $90 and TSS gears for $400. Its a lot of money for an oil pump, seems crazy. But I have a kb so I thought the tss was required. Although I have gotten 15k miles at 10psi without it. So in the end, I did not find anything better for the money or cheaper with the same durability.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
TSS gears cheap insurance with a blown application.

Speedboosted

Found missing cylinders
Reaction score
Lots of people like the Boundary Gears, but I think I remember a few on here having issues with them. Either way, it's a no brainer to get the 13/14 GT500 pump at just under $100, getting a new 15/16" pickup too.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back