Ok, Now What's My Next Step....

GT E UPP

forum member
Reaction score
Need some help Please...!!!!!
For the past few months, I've been getting the dreaded Chime with dash Error Message "DTE-FL" .... "Distance to Empty- Fuel Level". The gas gauge needle then goes directly to empty, stays there for about 2-3 minutes, and then returns to it's normal postion.This happens only about once a week, which is kind of strange and usually when the tank is down around the 3/4 full mark. So, I finally decided to change the fuel pump/sending unit on the passenger side (this side reads Full to 1/2 tank). Well, a week went by, and guess what... it happened again. Grrrrrrrrrr....!!! Any ideas or experience for a fix out there...??

Last edited:

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
Didn't they have an issue with this a while back with Texaco giving out bad fuel?? I seem to remember a bunch of people running out of fuel because their cars were giving false-readings due to bad fuel. Didn't make sense to me but thats what i remember lol

GT E UPP

forum member
Reaction score
Didn't they have an issue with this a while back with Texaco giving out bad fuel?? I seem to remember a bunch of people running out of fuel because their cars were giving false-readings due to bad fuel. Didn't make sense to me but thats what i remember lol

Thanks Lupo 222, Maybe so, but I have used only Sunoco 94 here since day one... and, have tried alternating...i.e. different pumps and different stations ..... :thanks1:

Last edited:

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
yea, i highly doubt thats it. I don't even know how much water that story holds. Sounded far fetched back then and still does to this day.

Back