Optima Street Car Shootout qualifier

Arustik

forum member
Reaction score
Awesome to see some of you guys attending. I friend told me about this event, I may do it. It is quite of a drive though - 5 hours. I hear it's well worth it!

ocpony

forum member
Reaction score
USCA is a Blast

I competed in 2012 at Vegas and have been running some of the races this year. I was at TMS when Terry won and came in 13th. Went to Daytona next and thoroughly enjoyed running the roval at 155+ mph! 6 18 minute sessions! Lots of autocross on a cart track so it was tight and the speed stop. Did a cruise through Ormond Beach which is the road rally portion of the event. I got 14th place.
Next up was Road America. That was a great place and nice track. Unfortunately for me it didn't end well on the road course. It had been raining all weekend and Nationwide series, Pirelli World Challenge, the Trans Am series had been racing the prior 3 days. I saw plenty of wrecked cars. Unfortunately, I also found the wall coming out to the carousel due to some extra steering input from an instructor. Smashed up the front end pretty good. I have been working to get it back together ever since. Almost done. I will have it ready in time for Michigan international Speedway. SO, these events are well worth it, even if the "crap happens" thing hits you. Tons of track time and lots of great people to meet and talk shop with. Very, well run events and televised series to top it off.
I live in south texas and am driving all over the country to attend these events and while it is a ton of work for me they are immensely enjoyable.

My goal is to drive my car on as many of the big famous tracks as I can and USCA has a great event schedule even if most are over 1000 mile drive for me. The tracks are basically a West coast, East Coast and midwest region layout so you can get 3 or 4 events in without having to travel as much as I do typically.

I am also going to Sebring in September and maybe the Pittsburg international Race in PA.
They will do the SEMA event this year at LVMS in vegas with 100 entries this year. I ran that course in April at the 50h Mustang anniversary and had a blast on the outer course track.

Bottom line....enter one of these events and you will be hooked!

dontlifttoshift

forum member
Reaction score
On MAVTV tonight! 8pm eastern

i-gVrJVjX-M.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back