Ordered a new set of wheels/tires

Chiron

forum member
Reaction score
I ordered a set of wheels and tires from a vendor on here, there are some surface imperfections from the cardboard rubbing on the face of the wheel. It looks like the majority of the damage can buff out, so I'm going to give that a shot. Gloss black painted finish. Any particular products/process you guys recommend? I've got some Uber AIO I'm considering trying.

Images of the wheels here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_X5GI2hdUFWYVJtMnNLM0pvR1E&usp=sharing

Chiron

forum member
Reaction score
Hit the wheels with some AIO. They're better, but I'm still a bit disappointed about defects out of the box.

uploadfromtaptalk1428184343271.jpg

Johnf78

forum member
Reaction score
That sucks! I would have them send you new ones. That is not acceptable. Plus you shouldn't have to waste your own time polishing new defective parts to fix them.

BigD

Reaction score
That's BS......I always expect perfection when spending that kind of money. I have used Meguiar's ScratchX 2.0 for imperfections and have had excellent results.......follow up with some good wax/sealer.....

Chiron

forum member
Reaction score
I had already been going back and forth with the company. Instead of getting a new set sent out, I opted to take a credit from them to cover buffing the wheels. Apparently the damage is a little more serious than I figured. Gonna try something more aggressive than the Uber AIO I used.

Chiron

forum member
Reaction score
According to Chemical Guys, general purpose, light polishing, AIO compounds. I used a *gasp* Mother's Powerball on the wheels, I figured that would be easier to maneuver inside the wheels.

Chiron

forum member
Reaction score
A bit, but the majority of the damage is on the face. Would you recommend using my DA? I was afraid the finish might be too thin to use an aggressive buffer.

Bullitt 3309

forum member
Reaction score
You could be right about that. The Megs Scratch X by hand or with powerball. The AIO wont cut it. But be prepared to burn thru the paint to fix if its that deep... Sorry about your luck.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back