Ordering a new PCM

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My PCM would be ideal given that it has the same code and we have practically the same setup.

Unfortunately there is aproximately 1800 miles between out 2 locations.

R

redbullet

Lemme see if I have this right.

The bank 2 sensor 1 o2 will read lean, the PCM will then reduce the pulse width of the injector - decrease STFT - but sets a rich code ?

Do you still have the VCT active ? Any chance the VCT is retarding and giving you some EGR ?

I know the VCT is at 'O' when not active, but because this is random and at low RPM and cruise and not at WOT makes me wanna check this first. Also because it happens on the factory tune and the aftermarket tune.

I would also like to check the grounds for the PCM and the O2 sensors.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Haven't noticed any timing quirks. But then again wasn't specifically looking for them. That might be something else to check if I can ever get another roller appointment.

donnyonee

forum member
Reaction score
is there any chance you have the right and left side wires crossed to the 02 sensors?

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
is there any chance you have the right and left side wires crossed to the 02 sensors?

Wow... I forgot this thread even existed.

No, no chance of the sensor wires being crossed.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
did u ever ordered a PCM from ecudirect???

My original intent was to order a replacement unit. After several weeks of searching they told me that they could not locate one for a S197 with a standard transmission, so I opted to send mine in to have it repaired. They in turn, sent me back a different PCM after having mine for 2 weeks... Odd that they couldn't find one anywhere but I got a different one back.

Oh well, that's a whole new arguement.

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Did the Ford house finally get ya fixed up?

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ford FINALLY took 20 minutes out of their day to get the PATS reprogrammed ( after the car sitting there for 3 days ) and called HPP late yesterday. It supposed to go back to HPP sometime this morning so the tune can be changed to match the new strategy code and put on to the car. From there, then we start datalogging again to see if it fixed the issue.
I honestly don't expect to hear from them today simply because today is probably the last chance I will have to go get it before I head back to Boston.

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I honestly don't expect to hear from them today simply because today is probably the last chance I will have to go get it before I head back to Boston.
Ahh the old 1/murphy approach... Works for a while - then murphy catches on and its back to normal...

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
I hope this works out.. if not I dont know how you would get a hold of him.. but I would try to see if casper has any ideas.

Infinitro

BigDog+SS=NuffSaid!!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
OK! Been out of the loop for awhile and I did not folow the jump from 6\3-8\3. Is the car fixed and what was it? Signed: Clueless....

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
they still haven't touched it. I talked to Scott on Friday and expressed my displeasure. Not that it matters at the moment because obviously I am out of town. But I told him that I am having the car service take me to HPP next Friday instead of home. I was either going to drive the car off, or put it on a tiltbed and drag it to Gearheads. He didn't really give a shit either way... so neither do I.

Infinitro

BigDog+SS=NuffSaid!!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Unbelievable

He didn't really give a shit either way... so neither do I.

F%$*%in customer disservice is rampant these days...........As you know That is one of my biggest pet peeves. They would just as soon kick ya in the balls as help you once they have your money. Why can't we treat our clients like that in our respective jobs, huh......Well,patience my friend. It's gotta work itself out sooner or later. Just can't believe you are still chasing this. Murphy's law is also rampant here, as all us possible parts donors that live blocks from you, as you stated earlier. All to the last man, have automatics. Ever feel like your carma ran over your dogma! Can't tell you what to do to improve your car situation, but I can and will buy the next round once you get back into town. Still need to try the wifes blue drinks! ;)

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Speaking of me getting back in town... You going to ride that new bike up to the Annual with us over Labor Day?

Infinitro

BigDog+SS=NuffSaid!!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Drinks\Motorcycles

Speaking of me getting back in town... You going to ride that new bike up to the Annual with us over Labor Day?

A tempting offer indeed! Need to get one worthless X to come get his son, for the 2nd time this YEAR!!!!! Ahhhh...that's another story. Definitely a possibility. We will run it past the boss over drinks I suppose.

Last edited:

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sooner or later I am actually going to be going home. Whenever that finally happens I got a hook up at Ford to get a new from Ford PCM at a reasonable price ( well, expensive as hell, but no mark up ). Then I will retune and see if it made any difference

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back