Over-axle pipes for Pypes MM

J.Cagle

forum member
Reaction score
Ive searched and can't find anything. I swear I read something a while back, but now I cant find it. I have a pypes mid-muffler system on my car with an off-road prochamber. (sounds great btw,lol) It origionally came with 4" tips, but they were the ones that are only about 4" long as well. I decided to have some full length tips welded on. I went with some 3.5" stainless tips. They dont have a rolled lip, and now, after looking at them they look too small. I thought about buying a axleback muffler delete with a full length 4" tip, or maybe even a Pypes pype-bomb axle back. But, I am not sure if the Pypes MM over axle pypes come out in the same spot as the factory ones did. Basically, what I need to know is, will an axle-back exhaust bolt up correctly to a pypes mm over axle pipe? Thanks, and sorry for the long winded, drawn out post.:beerdrink:

J.Cagle

forum member
Reaction score
another quick question for you LnL. Did you run your MM setup while lowered? My over axle pipes only have about .25-.5 inches of clearance about my axle. Every good bump my axle will bang against the pipes. Thus, looseing stuff up and making my exhaust tips crooked all the time. Did you have this problem?

Blxcklist

Hi Im Justin
Reaction score
I did indeed. Just go get your new tips on and weld everything up if you want. Thats what I did.

whyask

forum member
Reaction score
have the same thing !! here you go ... Look towards the back you can see them welded right up !
dsc0048so.jpg

Back