P0159 with foulers

b00stedgt

Reaction score
I have used 02 foulers in the past to get me through emissions test in ny but tonight I threw a p0159 code. Has anyone ever gotten this code when using the foulers? I am thinking about drilling them out to get some more air flow to the 02 sensor. At this point I'm just hoping that I don't have to put my stock manifolds back on. Anyone using foulers and have gotten this code, please chime in.

b00stedgt

Reaction score
Did you have the same code? I figured that I would have to drill out the fouler to get more air on the o2 sensor.

Tbone

forum member
Reaction score
When I first got that o2 circuit slow response code on my pickup I just kept driving it and the code went away. I also didn't let it idle much on startup and it went away after a few cold startups.

b00stedgt

Reaction score
Will the CEL on our cars clear itself? I thought the CEL will only turn off if you clear it with the SCT

Tbone

forum member
Reaction score
Yes some will. After so many startups and drive cycles if everything checked out it will turn off the cel.

Wild White Pony

forum member
Reaction score
Will the CEL on our cars clear itself? I thought the CEL will only turn off if you clear it with the SCT

If your needing to get through emissions soon, I would clear it and start driving a lot of short distance trips, cycle it as much as possible after clean or drill out those foulers. The air temps are up over 45deg so that should help it reset quicker. After you do the clearing and have run it through cycles, use your SCT to check for codes, then get through emissions as soon as you can, sometimes these codes come back after a short period.
Another code that releated to the use of foulers is one that says "catalyst converter efficency below threshold" you get this also when the foulers are full of carbon.

Last edited:

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
I have used 02 foulers in the past to get me through emissions test in ny but tonight I threw a p0159 code. Has anyone ever gotten this code when using the foulers? I am thinking about drilling them out to get some more air flow to the 02 sensor. At this point I'm just hoping that I don't have to put my stock manifolds back on. Anyone using foulers and have gotten this code, please chime in.

where in ny are you?

Back