P0174 Code

VitalDEX

Reaction score
Alrighty, so I am currently at a complete loss. I am getting a P0174 code. The short term and long term trims DO NOT go down when under throttle in fact they go up. I have replaced the fuel filter and injectors and the MAF. The o2 sensor voltage for B1S1 jumps around as expected. B2S1 hovers pretty solid between .65 and .89 it will never go below this. I'm starting to think either bad oxygen sensor or bad fuel crossover line in the fuel rails as the rails are ever so slightly rusted and the underside of the hose is covered in white residue.

Any help would be appreciated, any ideas yall can throw my way. I just can't figure it out and it's starting to really get on my nerve.

Edqe

Reaction score
Have you replaced spark plugs and coil pack? Spark may not be keeping up at higher RPM.

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
Alrighty, so I am currently at a complete loss. I am getting a P0174 code. The short term and long term trims DO NOT go down when under throttle in fact they go up. I have replaced the fuel filter and injectors and the MAF. The o2 sensor voltage for B1S1 jumps around as expected. B2S1 hovers pretty solid between .65 and .89 it will never go below this. I'm starting to think either bad oxygen sensor or bad fuel crossover line in the fuel rails as the rails are ever so slightly rusted and the underside of the hose is covered in white residue.

Any help would be appreciated, any ideas yall can throw my way. I just can't figure it out and it's starting to really get on my nerve.

It appears your engine is running lean on bank 2 (driver's side). You could have one of the following:

1. Vacuum leak (i.e. too much air). Check PCV hose, EVAP hose, and brake booster hoses for splits or leaks. Also smoke test the intake manifold for possible gasket leaks where the runners meet the driver's side head.

2. Insufficient fuel delivery to driver's side injectors (either kinked fuel rail crossover or clogged injectors).

Back