P0355 help

killswitch06GT

forum member
Reaction score
So I've been having misfire issues for a while and the car finally started throwing the P0355 cel. I looked it up and it supposed to be a bad coil on cylinder 5. I replaced the cop on cylinder 5(the front driver side) and I'm still throwing the code. I also measured the voltage going to the cop from the harness and it registers 12.38v on all connections. Kinda lost at this point. Can use some pointers here. Also I can't hear the miss while under load or wot but it feels to have a loss of power as well like its possibly not advancing timing.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
Front driver side???
Thats cylinder #1.

Number 5 is on the passenger side...

I think I may be wrong...sigh
This whole time I thought 1-4 were on the drivers side (LH).

So #1 is always on the passenger side?
That is so weird because when I would get miss fire CELs and it would indicate #5, I always pulled the passenger side front of ending cylinder plug and thats the one that had the issues. Weird...

Good thing I learned this now and not after I timed my motor... OMG!!

Last edited:

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
I did a search on Google, seems like most if not all engines start with #1 on the passenger side... Weird.

I could have swore it was always driver's...

killswitch06GT

forum member
Reaction score
I was kinda hoping u were right..seems I'm still fucked

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
P0305 is a misfire code for #5 that's usually the coil or the plug

P0355 is misfire code also for #5, but it has more to do with the injector driver, which is built into the PCM

killswitch06GT

forum member
Reaction score
Nitro what u said means num 5 I'd front driver side.. And Gabe are u sure? It can be a bad injector?

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Nitro what u said means num 5 I'd front driver side.. And Gabe are u sure? It can be a bad injector?

Could be bad injector, loose/bad wiring at the coil, bad PCM, bad ground on the coil driver circuit ... just going by a quick Google search.

I remember techs at the place I worked always saying that the codes with the 5 in there usually had something to do with the PCM

Alfiedagr8

forum member
Reaction score
That's a circuit code for the number 5 coil. What u can do is get a test lamp and hook one end to the battery positive and the other end to the coil ground circuit and see if the light blinks. But I have seen the wires start to come apiary at the coil connector. What u can do to test this is pull on the wire like your trying to pull it off the connector. If the wire is comming aprt it will stretch and break. Nice firm pull don't go all muscle on it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

killswitch06GT

forum member
Reaction score
Hey I'm not sure wat the ground circuit is. Is that the other connector to the coil? Also how would I check the pcm and how likely is it to be bad?

Alfiedagr8

forum member
Reaction score
One wire of the connector has power and the other one goes to the PCM to ground the coil. U wanna see if the PCM grounds that circuit by using a test lamp or noid light. If it blinks consistent them the driver is good. If not I like to load test the circuit with about 4-5 amps.

But try the test lamp first. Have u check the two wires at the connector to see if they are breaking ?

killswitch06GT

forum member
Reaction score
One wire of the connector has power and the other one goes to the PCM to ground the coil. U wanna see if the PCM grounds that circuit by using a test lamp or noid light. If it blinks consistent them the driver is good. If not I like to load test the circuit with about 4-5 amps.

But try the test lamp first. Have u check the two wires at the connector to see if they are breaking ?

Where can I get a tester? Autozone? And yes I checked the wires and they are fine. I want to add the code isn't consistent. It always misfires but the code pops up randomly but its always p0355. Don't know if that means anything. I'm just really annoyed with this.

Back