P1033

Candy10

forum member
Reaction score
Coulda sworn ive seen this topic before, but searching the code came up empty.

EDIT: I swapped 0 and 1, code is P0133 LOL

O2s were replaced over a year ago, MAF 8 months ago, all wiring inspected when MAF got swapped. CEL popped while cruising on the highway. AF ratios were fine the entire trip home, after the light came on. Cleared the code for now, well see if it comes back.

I keep seeing mention of exhaust leaks or intake leaks causing this fault. Where exactly should I be checking for this? Header bolts/gaskets on the exhaust side, but what am I looking for on the intake side?

Just hoping it was random and the code doesnt return.

Last edited:

Candy10

forum member
Reaction score
Im an idiot, dyslexic or something. P0133 is the code.

Still not finding an answer in previous threads regarding where to look for leaks on the intake side. Seems that most issues and solutions are o2 sensor related

Last edited:

Forty61

forum member
Reaction score
P0133, if Google is right, is slow response from O2 sensor right?

My gut reaction would be to start at the bolts on the head for the exhaust manifold/headers, then I’d move to the collectors and make sure those are tight, then I’d inspect the sensors themselves to make sure they’re tightened down and the wiring isn’t damaged. Anything past the sensors won’t impact them.

If that all checks out move up to the intake at the throttle body, make sure it’s tight but not too tight, over tightening can cause warping in the intake leading to a leak. I’ve never seen intake bolts being loose and I’m sure that would throw more than an O2 sensor code.

07 Boss

Reaction score
What sensor do you have in there? I continued to get O2 sensor codes until I switched back to the NGK sensors. And they have different ones listed for the front and rear unlike the ford parts manual that has the same part number for both front and rear.

Candy10

forum member
Reaction score
P0133, if Google is right, is slow response from O2 sensor right?

My gut reaction would be to start at the bolts on the head for the exhaust manifold/headers, then I’d move to the collectors and make sure those are tight, then I’d inspect the sensors themselves to make sure they’re tightened down and the wiring isn’t damaged. Anything past the sensors won’t impact them.

If that all checks out move up to the intake at the throttle body, make sure it’s tight but not too tight, over tightening can cause warping in the intake leading to a leak. I’ve never seen intake bolts being loose and I’m sure that would throw more than an O2 sensor code.
Yes, passenger side O2. Ill start checking bolts this weekend. Didnt even think about the collector connection, thanks for that one.

Candy10

forum member
Reaction score
What sensor do you have in there? I continued to get O2 sensor codes until I switched back to the NGK sensors. And they have different ones listed for the front and rear unlike the ford parts manual that has the same part number for both front and rear.
I honestly dont recall what I bought, but was from Oreillys. Very high chance I got Bosch, they didnt have the Motorcraft stocked and I wanted to get er done. Headed that way in a bit, ill stop in and see if they have my purchase history saved. So far code hasnt shown back up, but ive only taken a short drive since the light Sunday

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back