P2198 code...please give advice

dventers

Reaction score
I have 05 GT 4.6 with less then 5k on it ford hotrod cams. Ford hi flow intake L/T headers H pipe and still has converters Brenspeed 93 octane tune throwing P2198 code. new ford EV6 injectors. Put new o2 sensors in (all 4 of them) checked for intake leaks and exhaust leaks...can anyone give me any other possible causes please...thanx for any help you can give...

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
I suggest you get some live data in order to determine O2 sensor voltages, STFTs, and LTFTs. This will help to troubleshoot the problem.
If you have an SCT tuner, you can connect that to a laptop and use Livelink software to do this. Otherwise, I suggest you buy an ELM 327 Bluetooth OBD 2 scanner, download the Car Scanner app onto your smartphone, pair it to the scanner, and monitor live data.
Let us know what you find.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
I suggest you get some live data in order to determine O2 sensor voltages, STFTs, and LTFTs. This will help to troubleshoot the problem.
If you have an SCT tuner, you can connect that to a laptop and use Livelink software to do this. Otherwise, I suggest you buy an ELM 327 Bluetooth OBD 2 scanner, download the Car Scanner app onto your smartphone, pair it to the scanner, and monitor live data.
Let us know what you find.
This is a start. What Long Tubes? We have seen with some of the long tubes it repositions the O2 sensor and can create an issue. Generally corrected in a tune. Has it been Dyno Tined or just have a canned tune installed?

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
This is a start. What Long Tubes? We have seen with some of the long tubes it repositions the O2 sensor and can create an issue. Generally corrected in a tune. Has it been Dyno Tined or just have a canned tune installed?

Long tubes will merely cause a transfer delay between open and closed loop operation until the upstream O2 sensors warm up after a cold start. This sometimes causes the engine to run lean and hesitate during the transition. P2198 is a stuck rich code on the driver's side upstream sensor (B2S1). Live data might be able to tell us if the O2 sensor itself is at fault or if there's something else causing a rich condition on bank 2.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back