paco back in bidness w/ a Whipple

paco_pony

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
well i'm back in bid'ness!! finally got the smokin' stroker blown with a HO whipple.

she made 450 rwhp (can't remember the torque) on the 3.875" pulley. whipple calls this the 6# pulley so I feel pretty good about the numbers. there should be a lot of boost, and power, left.

in even better news, it looks as if the GT500 fuel system and injectors solved the smoking problem. still no cats and the exhaust is completely clean.

I'll post the dyno later tonight. And I expect to take her to the track sometime soon so hopefully i'll have some times to post up.

:beer:

Royb

forum member
Reaction score
That is one bad ass car you have:onfire:. I love the way the whipple sits on top & your tires really make the car look like a track car. I'll be waiting on the time slips :poke:

paco_pony

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
good finally meeting you Roy! you'll have to PM me when you go to the track . i'll come with, and you can humble me!

:allhail:

That is one bad ass car you have:onfire:. I love the way the whipple sits on top & your tires really make the car look like a track car. I'll be waiting on the time slips :poke:

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Damn... so while I was up there wanting to rip Wade's head off and shit down his neckhole I missed both you guys?

So you think the fuel system fixed the smoking issue? Like I said in the PM earlier, "they claim" it was because you were running too thin of oil ( which makes no sense ) and say that when they put heavier oil in it quits smoking, then you do an oil change and put 5w30 in and it starts again. Like I said, sort of sounds like bullshit to me. And right now, that is about all I hear from those fuckers is bullshit.

On a lighter note, much diggin the new chrome Saleen wheels you put on there. Well, you might have had them for a while, but I haven't seen you or your car in a while.

Royb

forum member
Reaction score
Damn... so while I was up there wanting to rip Wade's head off and shit down his neckhole I missed both you guys?

So you think the fuel system fixed the smoking issue? Like I said in the PM earlier, "they claim" it was because you were running too thin of oil ( which makes no sense ) and say that when they put heavier oil in it quits smoking, then you do an oil change and put 5w30 in and it starts again. Like I said, sort of sounds like bullshit to me. And right now, that is about all I hear from those fuckers is bullshit.

On a lighter note, much diggin the new chrome Saleen wheels you put on there. Well, you might have had them for a while, but I haven't seen you or your car in a while.

I left HPP around 2:30 where u there then?

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I got there about 11, maybe 11:30, left around 12:30.

paco_pony

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
well, what I told Manny, Wade and several others was that I had ALREADY changed the oil out to the thicker stuff before they thought about it. and, when I dropped it off for the whipple (just a couple of weeks ago) the sumbich was still smoking--even after their brilliant idea about thicker oil.

I had a hypothesis that the fuel system was the problem, but didn't say anthing to them about it. just figured if they installed the GT500 system and injectors correctly, that the problem would take care of itself. so far it seems like I was right (still knocking on wood).

re: the rims. picked up those rims this spring from a member of the "other" board. wanted 17's so I could run those monster MH's. glad you likey.

let's go to the track soon (when you get your PCM fixed). I'm itchin to try this beast out!

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
why did the fuel system and injectors stop the smoking. maybe its too early in the morning for me right now but im missing the connection

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yea Ron.. i'm kinda right there with ya

paco_pony

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
this is just my uninformed and uneducated opinion...

I speculate that the 39# injectors and boost-a-pump on a NA car making only 315 rwhp might make managing proper AF difficult. particularly in transition states like dipping into the throttle hard from a dead stop. might make it easy to go temporarily rich (and thus smoke) in these situations but not smoke in more "steady state" situations like WOT.

that's what the car used to do. it would smoke on dipping into the throttle hard off the line but would not smoke under any other circumstance.

I'm open to other hypotheses but haven't heard one yet that fits what was happening.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
But I thought the smoke was blue ( oil ) smoke.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i could swear you said it was blueish smoke at one pojnt in time as well. but i can be imagining things

paco_pony

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
ah hell, I prolly did. to be honest, i'm not sure what color the smoke was. always saw it in the rear view. i'm just glad the crap is gone (knock on wood), whatever the reason is.

i could swear you said it was blueish smoke at one pojnt in time as well. but i can be imagining things

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Y'all thinking about Ennis maybe? I know I'm going on the 20th of October for sure. Are there any other tracks besides Kennedale and Ennis? I think there is one in Denton or something but not sure is it's 1/8 or 1/4?

paco_pony

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
there's one in Denton. it's just a 1/8 and wonder if it's still open? there are a couple of others too.

I'd really love to go before oct 20. let's set something up??????

Y'all thinking about Ennis maybe? I know I'm going on the 20th of October for sure. Are there any other tracks besides Kennedale and Ennis? I think there is one in Denton or something but not sure is it's 1/8 or 1/4?

Back