Painted Engine and Coil Covers

150xlt

Reaction score
I went and checked out my covers last night and gave the go ahead to clear them. I was a little unsure on the flames but was assured they would pop and look 3dish once clear was applied. I went and picked them up today and couldnt be happier! I couldnt get any good lighting to really show off the flames but they look great in person. The gray seen on the covers is a process he does that makes it look like stainless. Anyway here are a few iphone pics. I try to get some better ones soon.

50cover1.jpg

50cover2.jpg

50cover3.jpg

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Where'd you get it done and how much. All the painters on here want a bazillion dollars to paint these things.

150xlt

Reaction score
Where'd you get it done and how much. All the painters on here want a bazillion dollars to paint these things.

My neighbor down the road from me has a body shop and did them for me. I will ask him about doing more sets.

He did the valve covers on my 5.4 a few years ago.
vc1.jpg

BlackDragon

Large Member
Reaction score
Looks great!

Did you paint the intake runners or is my mind playing tricks on me?

Professional painting is the way to go with these parts. Mine is done very low key and I get tons of compliments, even won a couple shows. Yours should be a big hit.

150xlt

Reaction score
All my neighbors steal from me!:rant: Wanna trade neighbors?:lol2:

Ive really lucked out, have probably the best group of neighbors u can get. No one ever bitches and everyone looks out for everyone shit when they are gone.

Looks great!

Did you paint the intake runners or is my mind playing tricks on me?

Professional painting is the way to go with these parts. Mine is done very low key and I get tons of compliments, even won a couple shows. Yours should be a big hit.

The runners are untouched, i just shined them up. I really wanted the covers to be the focal point and scream look at me and draw the attention away from the few extra wires running from the NX plate mounted behind the tb.

BlackDragon

Large Member
Reaction score
nice, your look darker than usual, must be the pic.

I did my intake runners and strut bar in gloss black so that the engine and coil covers become the focal point, and it worked like a charm.

NeoTokyo

forum member
Reaction score
Damn, that looks great. :)

I bet if you had a friend with a DSLR take a HDR of those flames that they would pop off our screens.

Are you going to have anything else done?

150xlt

Reaction score
Damn, that looks great. :)

I bet if you had a friend with a DSLR take a HDR of those flames that they would pop off our screens.

Are you going to have anything else done?

I would like to but havent decided yet. I dont want to do too much and make it look cluttered. I thought about buying a JLT intake and having it painted but im trying to keep the "stock" look under the hood. Once my injectors get here and im tuned for spray i plan to take a couple dollars at night with it. Probably put all billet caps on everything and the strut towers and see how it looks then decide.

NeoTokyo

forum member
Reaction score
I think the black, white and blue theme looks good, not sure about billet but if you do it wouldnt be bad either. :)

A painted JLT intake would look great and maybe to continue the black part of the theme but wanting to go a little different, you could do some dark CF on the front plastic splitter around the hood latch.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back