Painted some underhood pieces, carbon fiber, countersunk bolts, etc.

tagappliedfor

forum member
Reaction score
i bought the two carbon fiber pieces from HOLYWD a while back (thanks bro), had some paint matched up to it and painted the valve covers, fuel rails, and intake cover (which i also sanded smooth, no lines or 'powered by ford') two coats of paint, four coats of clear, wet sanded with 1000 grit, 3000 grit, then buffed. also got some countersunk allen head bolts to replace most of the 10mm bolts toward the front of the bay and on the fenders, also got spike nuts to go on the strut mounts (those come very close to the hood by the way, about 3-4mm clearance!!) and last but not least i self tapped a gas strut to replace the hood prop, i snatched it off the back hatch of a Toyota Sienna mini van. let me know what you think, i might have $30 in all this, just enough to pop the hood at shows now lol

Attachments

• E9.JPG
    E9.JPG
    130.4 KB · Views: 130
  • E10.JPG
    E10.JPG
    147.6 KB · Views: 119
  • E11.JPG
    E11.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 105
  • E2.JPG
    E2.JPG
    169.5 KB · Views: 100
  • E5.JPG
    E5.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 94
  • E8.JPG
    E8.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 104
  • E7.JPG
    E7.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 93
  • E4.JPG
    E4.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 86
  • E6.JPG
    E6.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 88
  • E3.JPG
    E3.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 79

5.SLOW

Reaction score
looks sweet man but you need the radiator covers for the ends and then it be perfect. show winning for sure

gtcs07

Im just kinda here
Reaction score
So thats where my old cf rad cover. Looks good i should have kept it since i finally got a 500

tagappliedfor

forum member
Reaction score
that $30 was excluding the carbon fiber pieces by the way, they'll be more to come in the next couple months. i plan on putting a single turbo kit in it this winter and painting all the piping to match etc. so we'll see what happens. thanks for the love guys, that stuff used to be yours Gtcs07?

Dreadknought

HOON MONSTER
Reaction score
Please for the love of all that is holy can you tell me where you found the Allen bolts? I would shit potatos to get some of those for my ride...

tagappliedfor

forum member
Reaction score
Please for the love of all that is holy can you tell me where you found the Allen bolts? I would shit potatos to get some of those for my ride...

Downstarinc.com, the size is 6 x 1. It's a huge trend in the Honda/Import world (80% of my friends lol) just figured i'd borrow the style kind of, don't see too many domestics with stuff like that

Back