Painter in Houston

mikeyfitz

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Well my rear bumper needs to be repainted im pretty positive. Got hit by someone or something in a parking lot. Its all scraped up, no dents or anything, just some paint missing and some residue left over from their paint. Anyone has a place to recommend that does good work, lmk

I need a decent price for a repaint, as I really doubt you can touch this up lol.

Sterling Gray. Thanks fellas.

Fake_Snake

FAUX GT500
Reaction score
I had a claim insurance $486 for ford to repaint and fix a tiny ding I got at a stop light from the dumb ass behind me... Guess to give u a rough idea

mikeyfitz

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
I figured it would be something around 4-500 for a good job. I would claim insurance but I think my deductible is higher than that lol.

Thanks for the heads up!

erat

forum member
Reaction score
That's not an easy color to match. Ask them about a blend.

Bodam

forum member
Reaction score
if you are doing only one panel, you want it blended, or the two panels will be different colors. They spray onto the next panel and clear over it. Transitions the color onto the next panel. Looks proper that way. Don't let them skimp

mikeyfitz

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Ohh okay gotcha, yeah it's only the rear bumper so they'd hit some of the rear quarter?

Bodam

forum member
Reaction score
yeah, especially onto the quarter panels. The plastic and metal parts will have different shades of paint. They will need to overlap the paint onto the quarters and "blend" it for it to look right.

Your eyes can see the difference in shades of paint when it is against the hard lines of the bumpers, etc. But if it is "blended" onto the next panels, it is harder to see the difference in paints.

And there will be differences, no one can mix the paint the same way each time. I don't care what they tell you.

They won't want to blend it, cuz it is more work, but it has to be done to look good.

Bodam

forum member
Reaction score
Probably, but maybe not. Talk to the painter. And make sure he even knows how to blend, lol

erat

forum member
Reaction score
He's exactly correct. A lot of your exact color is due the the amount and color of the pearls in it. It'll flop different from your factory paint, but a blend will hid the differences. The newer paint is easier to blend as it hasn't taken a beating by the sun like older paint.

If he looks at you funny when you ask, walk.

I know two great shops in Lafayette if you want to transport the car. I typically like the custom shops. This type of work is a quick turn for them and they are used to taking the extra time to make something look correct.

mikeyfitz

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
He's exactly correct. A lot of your exact color is due the the amount and color of the pearls in it. It'll flop different from your factory paint, but a blend will hid the differences. The newer paint is easier to blend as it hasn't taken a beating by the sun like older paint.

If he looks at you funny when you ask, walk.

I know two great shops in Lafayette if you want to transport the car. I typically like the custom shops. This type of work is a quick turn for them and they are used to taking the extra time to make something look correct.

Hmm I might take you up on that. But I am starting to look into doing something different too. I love my Sterling Gray though.

erat

forum member
Reaction score
Ask Darren about my guy. I took him on a tour awhile back.

erat

forum member
Reaction score
Audi Glacier White Metallic. Looks like a white ice cube.

Back