Painting Vents and Bezels

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
I've been thinking of painting my bezels/vents and wanted some opinions from others. I found these pictures while searching for others who have painted their interior pieces. Instead of the chrome rings and silver vents, flat and black. The vent flaps are painted black and the bezels are sprayed with a flat clear.

I'm a little hesitant to do it since I'm afraid I won't end up liking it.

Newman

sumidicsayhuh?
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've been wanting to so this too, as I switched my whole dash out to the OE carbon fiber looking one. I've sent a few things to S&H . And will prolly get that stuff done as well by them. I'm just bad at painting stuff.

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
I've been wanting to so this too, as I switched my whole dash out to the OE carbon fiber looking one. I've sent a few things to S&H . And will prolly get that stuff done as well by them. I'm just bad at painting stuff.

I messaged S&H about dipping the aluminum pieces of the dash, but I haven't heard back in a few days. I want to go with something similar to the GT500 dash, without paying the crazy prices.

Newman

sumidicsayhuh?
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I paid $250 for complete dash pieces and airbag and its the color I wanted. Got it on eBay. Had my steering wheel pieces and door handles done in black just need to get my vents and MGW knob over to them.

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
I paid $250 for complete dash pieces and airbag and its the color I wanted. Got it on eBay. Had my steering wheel pieces and door handles done in black just need to get my vents and MGW knob over to them.

I'm hopefully getting a GT500 wheel soon here, so all I need is the dash pieces done. I'm just not sure if they can get the pattern I want.

JimC

Reaction score
I've been thinking of painting my bezels/vents and wanted some opinions from others. I found these pictures while searching for others who have painted their interior pieces. Instead of the chrome rings and silver vents, flat and black. The vent flaps are painted black and the bezels are sprayed with a flat clear.

I'm a little hesitant to do it since I'm afraid I won't end up liking it.

That's my old Mustang! I went to the flat clear because with a convertible, top down, and sun from behind the glare off the chrome is annoying. It was pretty easy to do. I just used some paint from Hobby Lobby for plastic and it held up well.

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
I was digging through the photobucket album that these pictures were in, but couldn't find any that were bigger or more up close. You wouldn't happen to have any closer, would you? I'm curious to see if it matches my shifter trim ring:

JimC

Reaction score
I'll check the computer files when I get home tonight and see what other pictures I have. With any luck Comcast will have service restored in my neighborhood by then.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back