Paxton head unit question

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
Blower is in! Fuels rails and new injectors in. Wiring done. Just need to button up a few small items, install the fuel pump and Aeroforce gauge. Few more Saturday's ought to do it.
Can't get photos to upload for some reason.

Good deal !!!!

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
Gotta button up some wiring, install fuel pump, upload tune and it should run. Then comes trying to figure out how to wire up the boost sensor for the Aeroforce gauge.

Attachments

• IMG_1123.jpg
    IMG_1123.jpg
    335.9 KB · Views: 15

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
Spent untold amounts of time detailing the engine bay. Best I could get it.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hope all goes well Bill when you guys fire it up.
icon14.gif

Terry

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Spent hours on it.
Hey Bill,

What City and State do you live in ???

Inquiring minds want to know ................

Look up and see what the Miles as well as Driving-Time is from my House to Your's ???

205 Ellington Drive
Franklin, TN. 37064

Terry

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
I live in Cheswick PA. 15 minutes outside of Pittsburgh.

Can't get the locking ring back onto the fuel pump/tank. Car is outside on a slope so I can't loosen the fuel tank straps. Any ideas how to get this thing locked in? I don't know what we are doing my wrong. It keeps popping off the one side. Watched the video and he makes it look super easy.

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
Can't get it on, period. Buddy whose a mechanic is gonna try maybe tomorrow. It's sitting outside, which isn't pleasing me.

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Can't get it on, period. Buddy whose a mechanic is gonna try maybe tomorrow. It's sitting outside, which isn't pleasing me.

Bill, here is a quote from a pump install by Paul "One Eyed Willy":

"Getting the new pump in is not easy, it takes a lot of wiggling and squeezing but it will go if you are patient. Start with the pump on its side and the float going straight into the tank. You don’t have to worry about the passenger side fuel line too much, it will be in the right spot when you get the pump in and you will be able to grab it. Once you get the float in, twist the whole pump towards the passenger side, making sure the float will clear the tray inside the tank. You will have to squeeze the hoses from side to side to get the pump down in the hole.

With the pump down in the hole, the passenger side hook up will be at about 2 "O" clock.

Just push the passenger side hose on until it clicks.

Slap a little oil onto the new o-ring. Not a lot or it will wiggle out of your hands.

This is one of the most crucial parts that I didn’t see anywhere else online. A lot of people said that it was very hard to get the new pump in and a second person was needed to hold the new pump down, but its actually alot easier than that. By looking at this picture you can see a little notch in the tank, that notch lines up with the new pump, so if you press the new pump in, get the notches lined up on both sides and give it a slight twist the pump will hold its self in and you don’t need a second person to hold it down. it wont twist much at all ,just enough to catch."

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I live in Cheswick PA. 15 minutes outside of Pittsburgh.

Bill,

Just so you know it is approximately 9 hours driving time with No-Stops from me to Cheswick, PA buddy.

Roughly 600 miles 1-Way ............

Terry

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
The pump must not be lined up right. When we went to secure the locking ring it kept popping off on the one side. We spent hours trying to get it on.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Can you post s pic of the top? The float should be to the passenger side of the tank. Also, make sure the locking ring is not upside down. The bent down corners should be to the right and down, then turn the ring clock wise while making sure all the tabs start in.

Last edited:

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
It lives! A mechanic buddy of mine had it on within a half hour. Took it out for a little run. Boost comes on later than I'd like but when it hits the car goes sideways. I still have to get the Aeroforce gauge in so I don't know what psi it has.

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
It lives! A mechanic buddy of mine had it on within a half hour. Took it out for a little run. Boost comes on later than I'd like but when it hits the car goes sideways. I still have to get the Aeroforce gauge in so I don't know what psi it has.

Congrats !!!!!

I actually like the it takes a moment to kick in...and as you said when it does watch out, I am running 11lbs of boost and getting 500rwph

again great job getting through this with your kid

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey Bill,

Congrats buddy on having it running !!!

Just so you know the Paxton does not come on Power instantly.

It's not like on mine where I have what's referred to as a Twin-Screw Roush S/C.

Mine reacts instantly as soon as you take-off.

But, there are a great many people that don't like the instantaneous Power as it can get the car Squirrely fast.

Enjoy buddy.
icon14.gif

Terry

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
When it comes to a Centri blower, you can make boost fast if the car is setup correctly with the right gear and the right stall. Nobody EVER has got in my car and said, " that boost takes a bit to come in" lol

Hell I even did a super small pulley on mine and lowered the max rpm to keep from over spinning the blower and the car had a boost line like a twin screw. There's always ways to make any blower work for the setup it is put in.

Small pulley and lower rpms actually netted my fastest time in the 1/8 ever. It takes a lot of suspension parts and rubber to hook though.

That setup netted 70-118 on a data log in 2.4 seconds. Haha

Last edited:

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
Well that's good to know. I gotta say I love the whine of a twin screw though. Do centris whine?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back