Paxton, Procharger, or vortech?? what would you choose?

srt2stang725

Reaction score
I paid $2850 for my Saleen blower, complete, off a 2006 S281 SC.

The deals are out there, you just have to be patient and ready to strike when the opportunity presents itself. :)

wow lucky break....any chance of you knowing of anymore for sale for that price? lol

maldoj2

Reaction score
paxton frome brenspeed 435 rwhp 410rwt at5800rpm ,d.d. for about one year

MLC40

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
lol i dont know if i have the willpower either......As far as the Kenne Bell boost a pump, I was under the impression that that is kind of a temporary and somewhat unsafe fix, and that if you get a supercharger you should really get some aftermarket pumps? If i can just stick it out with the boost a pump and run safely that would be nice....I am not looking to make 500 whp here, i just want a 420 hp daily driver..

I have been running a BAP for two years, no issues. When I get a built long block and turn up the boost I will upgrade the pumps, but for 500rwhp BAP's are fine.

JonCo

Reaction score
I got a good deal on a Vortech HO system, new. Love it. Provides more then enough power. More power then the car can actually plant. I'm doing 423/420, these numbers were recorded on a mustang dyno.

Find the blower which fits your driving style. In the long run being blown is being blown. You'll enjoy boost anyway you can get it haha

eng943

forum member
Reaction score
Hold the phone a minute.

You never stated if you intend to keep the stock short block or if a build is somewhere in the future. Moreover, you never stated what your goals are, present or future. YOU REALLY NEED TO EXAMINE THE ISSUES BEFORE YOU BUY.

On a stock motor, any of the systems you mention are good choices and all of them can get you all the power your stock motor can handle. Moreover, all of them are reliable and well engineered. Declaring which is better is very subjective.

I have a polished Vortech HO kit. It made 463 whp on the stock engine. Although it has performed flawlessly, I now have a built stroker and have added an 8 rib kit and pullied the s trim down to 2.95 with a 10% OD crank pulley. My s-trim is now maxed out.

Sometimes I think if I had to do it all over again that I might have gotten a twin screw or a pro charger, but I honestly don't think either would be giving me much or any more power than I can make with the Vortech.

srt2stang725

Reaction score
Hold the phone a minute.

You never stated if you intend to keep the stock short block or if a build is somewhere in the future. Moreover, you never stated what your goals are, present or future. YOU REALLY NEED TO EXAMINE THE ISSUES BEFORE YOU BUY.

On a stock motor, any of the systems you mention are good choices and all of them can get you all the power your stock motor can handle. Moreover, all of them are reliable and well engineered. Declaring which is better is very subjective.

I have a polished Vortech HO kit. It made 463 whp on the stock engine. Although it has performed flawlessly, I now have a built stroker and have added an 8 rib kit and pullied the s trim down to 2.95 with a 10% OD crank pulley. My s-trim is now maxed out.

Sometimes I think if I had to do it all over again that I might have gotten a twin screw or a pro charger, but I honestly don't think either would be giving me much or any more power than I can make with the Vortech.

I am thinking of building the motor eventually, but if i do i dont know when that will be...as of right now I want a 420 or so hp daily driver I think that will be good enough for me for a while....

forensicsteve

Aggie Dad
Reaction score
Cannot make any comparison with other brands, but car had a Procharger (P1SC) for over a year. Zero issues...great gas mileage...nice sort of jet engine sound.

eng943

forum member
Reaction score
I am thinking of building the motor eventually, but if i do i dont know when that will be...as of right now I want a 420 or so hp daily driver I think that will be good enough for me for a while....

Based on that any of the systems you mention will easily do the job and give you reliable performance. Moreover, they all will ultimately provide very comperable performance.

My suggestion would be that if you are having the system installed, to find a good shop that has installed the system(s) you are considering and talk to them about your short and long term goals. If you are on the fence, they may offer some suggestions. Key is to find a highly reccomended shop with a proven track record.

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

If thats all ur after, then imo go with a Vortech non cooled..You can pick up a full kit for $3300 which includes the tune and tuner(if you need it), 39 lb. injectors, a 255 lph walbro fuel pump..I made 417 whp before the right plugs in my AUTO on a mustang dyno..And its very tame if you want it to be for normal daily driving..But get 4:10 gears if you go with a centry, as you will need to get up to higher rpm quicker where all your boost is..

chrisstang1

forum member
Reaction score
I will be selling my single turbo kit that I bought off a member on here. I sent to the turbo to turbonetics to get checked out and it hasnt got back to me yet but when it does I will be selling it. Turbo Kit (turbonetics) $2600 - WWW.S197FORUM.COM. that is the original seller. I also have a brand kenne bell boost bump that will come with it. I will take $2700. Only reason Im selling it is cause Im moving up to the lake and rather have the money

07torchgt

^MY NAME; THINGS I SAY>
Reaction score
you can get a novi 2200 tuner kit for 3,800.00 (look around price is always dropping ) !

best bank for the buck !

procharger is great if you get a good one ... (reliability is a concern)

have you had a problem with Procharger? I have had two systems and not one had a single problem and neither has the three others I have installed... Everytime I have ever called in their customer service was great and they have a 3 year warranty...

Big Top Gt

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
I will be selling my single turbo kit that I bought off a member on here. I sent to the turbo to turbonetics to get checked out and it hasnt got back to me yet but when it does I will be selling it. Turbo Kit (turbonetics) $2600 - WWW.S197FORUM.COM. that is the original seller. I also have a brand kenne bell boost bump that will come with it. I will take $2700. Only reason Im selling it is cause Im moving up to the lake and rather have the money

I wish you were selling this before I just bought this Saleen blower.

I love the Saleen blower, but I'd MUCH rather have a turbo setup.

Good luck with the sale,
Alan

SD07GT

forum member
Reaction score
have you had a problem with Procharger? I have had two systems and not one had a single problem and neither has the three others I have installed... Everytime I have ever called in their customer service was great and they have a 3 year warranty...

They had problems when they originally came out ! ...They had massive blower housing failures with leaking oil , but they have fixed there problems now (and it seams to be a great kit )

SD07GT

forum member
Reaction score
Hold the phone a minute.

why dont you send your unit back in to Vortech and have them upgrade it to a SI trim ? From what I have read the SI is like the new T rim but even better !

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i ran the bap for 2+ years with no issues whatsoever

07torchgt

^MY NAME; THINGS I SAY>
Reaction score
They had problems when they originally came out ! ...They had massive blower housing failures with leaking oil , but they have fixed there problems now (and it seams to be a great kit )

but how long ago was that? I doubt you get a "bad" kit now... and if you do have an oil leak or a problem it will be covered under warranty... tell me another one with a 3 year warranty other than the new Edelbrock blower

YLWNOR

ProCharged
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Cannot make any comparison with other brands, but car had a Procharger (P1SC) for over a year. Zero issues...great gas mileage...nice sort of jet engine sound.

I hear this once a week when I get the car out. Very Amazing :thumb:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back