Paxton Supercharged 2011 Mustang 5.0L Makes 1,032 RWHP!

sharkbaits

forum member
Reaction score
Paxton Supercharged 2011 Mustang 5.0L Makes 1,032 RWHP!

Oxnard, CA—In 2011 Ford brought back an old friend in the 5.0L engine for Mustang. It sparked up nostalgic feelings at Paxton Automotive as some had flashbacks of the early days from the Fox-body era in performance history. Paxton celebrates its 75th anniversary and there is no better way to show its growth in technology and performance than proving it with the latest NOVI supercharger system—a supercharger kit that helped JPC Racing achieve 1,032 rwhp with its 2011 Mustang GT. It makes the JPC Mustang the most powerful Coyote 5.0L as the previous record was 1,029 rwhp.

“This Coyote 5.0L combination with the Paxton NOVI 2200 is the most efficient engine we have ever had on this chassis dyno,” comments an elated Justin Burcham of JPC Racing. The NOVI 2200 head unit pushed 20.5 psi of boost into what most would describe as a mild engine combination. The factory 5.0L was modified with forged pistons, forged connecting rods, billet oil pump gears, JPC/RGR Stage 1 cylinder heads (mild porting and stock valves), and shimmed stock valve springs for more seat pressure. Surprisingly the camshafts were left stock and as Burcham says, “there weren’t any cams available when we rebuilt the engine.” The intake manifold is also a factory part and one of the reasons the engine didn’t make more power above 7,200 rpm.

This crowning achievement was accomplished using an off-the-shelf Paxton that JPC Racing modified with a Paxton 8-rib pulley drive conversion and a JPC-modified blow-through MAF sensor combination. The head unit and intercooler are out-of-the-box as supplied in the High Output kit for 2011-present Mustang 5.0L. “I am simply blown away by how quick the NOVI makes boost and how smooth it runs,” inserts Burcham. As Mid-Atlantic region warms up for spring the JPC gang is looking forward to hitting the drag strip, the previous best time was 9.34 at 150 mph but was accomplished with nearly 200 less rwhp. Burcham is eying up the 8.80s at nearly 160 mph—necessitating a parachute as per NHRA rules. We have to admit that is not bad for a street legal supercharger system.

Congratulations to JPC Racing for using a Paxton NOVI 2200 High Output kit to break records and go fast on the drag strip.

About Paxton Automotive
This year marks Paxton’s 75th Anniversary and it is a company that is rich with heritage in the automotive aftermarket. Most notable was the use of Paxton superchargers on Shelby Mustangs in the ‘60s as these Mustangs are some of the most sought after collectible Ponycars. As OE performance reemerged in the marketplace during the ‘80s, Paxton was the first company to offer a 50-state legal centrifugal supercharger system and helped usher in a new era of aftermarket performance. Today the company is headquartered in Oxnard, CA where it provides centrifugal supercharger systems for a variety of applications in both race and smog-legal trim.
www.PaxtonAuto.com

About JPC Racing
JPC was established in 2001 by Justin Burcham and is based off of one man's desire to offer customers a performance shop capable of providing great customer service, knowledge, and a straightforward, honest answer. Burcham and his staff offer many years of high-performance expertise and several NMRA championships on its resume. The knowledge and experience are applied to customers’ street cars in a Do It Right The First Time approach. JPC has an in-house Dyno Dynamics eddy-current chassis dyno that is used to test manufacturers’ claims and offer customers the correct part the first time. It has years of experience with high-performance engines of all types—supercharged, turbocharged, nitrous-injected, and naturally aspirated. JPC is a small business that strives to provide personal and quality customer service.
www.JPCRacing.com

CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO

PaxtonCoyotePR.jpg

PaxtonCoyote-02.jpg

Bigmack2012Gb

Roll Racer
Reaction score
So thats the exact same blower i have on my car making 600hpish at 10psi? Damn. If you can pm me a price for the 8rib setup and for you (to do all the work) to make my stock block handle 850ish?

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
nice. but why did you guys use a procharger... everyone knows prochrager rules for centris.

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
^^Looks like the ole Novi will give em a run for their money. ha ha.

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
pleeeeeaseeeee ... D1/F1@21psi ... and no need to "upgrade" to a 8 rib setup. no beltslip.. and and... ummm... I have procharger.. so it must be the best =-)

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
Ha ha, a little bias i see..I love the procharger setup, the paxton 2500 is good too.

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
pleeeeeaseeeee ... D1/F1@21psi ... and no need to "upgrade" to a 8 rib setup. no beltslip.. and and... ummm... I have procharger.. so it must be the best =-)

Interesting HP results from a supercharger that free flows 1450 CFM. There are many calculators that will convert CFM into max HP potential. However, I believe that converting CFM to lbs per minute is more accurate.

D1SC free flows 1400 CFM

Novi 2200 free flows 1450 CFM

P(psia) x V(cu.ft./min) x 29
(10.73 x T(deg R)

This formula tells me that the Novi 2200 will support up to 922 flywheel HP. However, Paxton claims 1000 flywheel is possible in a perfect world.

Conventional CFM to HP compressor map calculators suggest that 966 flywheel is possible.

I'm certainly not suggesting that they fudged the numbers. However, I would like more info on how they achieved over 1200 at the flywheel with the 2200 Paxton.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Its possible Marc, rather than look at hp per say, look at actual cfm to see whats going on, but I agree its right on the edge for sure.

Its hard to nail down power off the motor since lots of things like timing, compression, iat's etc come into play on the displacement.

For the cfm calculator I used 5.0L engine and 95% for volumetric efficiencey due to 4v dohc, ported heads, tivct, no intake on the blower etc. At 20.5 psi at 6500 rpms it shows a cfm of 1306 moving through the blower/engine. This calculator doesnt go to 7k but if you look at the data its gonna be around 1450 ish cfm at 7k rpms at 20.5 psi. For sure though its on the edge of surge and iat rise, doubt it would make anymore than 21-22 psi or anymore power even if you pulley down or rev higher. You can see power starting to drop off at 7k and tq is dropping hard. Very impressive numbers for the 2200 for sure!

http://cybrina.mine.nu:8080/WebModu...ost=22&maxrpm=7000&rpmstep=1000&Submit=Submit

And here is the calculator

http://www.lovehorsepower.com/jooml...alculator&catid=8:mr2-helpful-stuff&Itemid=49

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back