Pearl Matches

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
When my car was in an accident a few years ago, my friend and I repainted the whole car. I was talked into getting a different pearl than factory mixed in. I've never had a chance to get the two side by side, and I'm curious about how different the shades may be. All things being the same aside from the pearl, how different do you think the colors would be? I really want to get an OEM flat hood and get rid of my shaker, but I don't want to pay for paint.

I also have white stripes painted on. If I were to get a flat hood, I'd be looking to throw some vinyl on to match the paint. Would there be a noticeable difference?

muztangman93

forum member
Reaction score
Huge difference. If other stripes are painted on then def not gonna match. As far as paint It depends could look close from one angle and way off from another angle. Best thing is to find someone with the same car as you and compare

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
Huge difference. If other stripes are painted on then def not gonna match. As far as paint It depends could look close from one angle and way off from another angle. Best thing is to find someone with the same car as you and compare

I don't know anyone that has a Vista Blue I can ask. I don't even see many VB Mustangs around here. Looking at the door jambs and the exterior panels, there doesn't seem to be a difference, but who knows unless I can compare them flat and side by side.

46Tbird

forum member
Reaction score
It will look great as long as you don't mind your hood not matching your fenders and your hood stripes not matching the rest of the stripes. lol

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
I kind of figured as much, but I figured I'd ask. I guess I'm gonna have to start saving for some paint and new stuff. Need new bumpers and a new hood since mine is rotting like crazy.

Back