Pedders Suspension

95ragtop

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone ever heard of pedders suspension? They are new to the Mustang crowd but have been around GMs quite awhile. Found a good deal and wondering if I should get it.

06Hoss

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone ever heard of pedders suspension? They are new to the Mustang crowd but have been around GMs quite awhile. Found a good deal and wondering if I should get it.
Your right,they have been around for GM and Dodge.A lot of the LX guys(think Charger,300,Magnum)run them and like them from what I heard.Thought about putting a set on my Magnum,but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Sam Strano

forum member
Reaction score
I have a customer that is pulling his Pedders setup off. When that particular car was setup, it was done by Pedders directly. The alignment was way too far off the mark (even for an autox car), they insisted it had to have -4 camber when about -2 is all that is required. The car wouldn't even stop for the owner. Also the springs on the coil-overs were nothing that you can't readily get in a normal set of lowering springs. And the dampers are like Tokico's in that they are double acting single adjustables (they do compression and rebound together).

I spoke to him on Monday, that's when he told me he's changing... he's just up in the air a bit on deciding to what.

RDK

forum member
Reaction score
if you want the best suspension, and can spend 1000-2000 bucks. KW is by far the best out there..

Ryan

Rodeoflyer

forum member
Reaction score
if you want the best suspension, and can spend 1000-2000 bucks. KW is by far the best out there..

Ryan

Having had the KW V3 setup on my car (setup personally by their shock engineer), it was great.

Having had several different setups on my car, Agent 47 has been by far the best. I just had exhaust done, and need to do some more HP mods, because the grip made the car boring to drive........

Reaction score
the grip made the car boring to drive........

WTF are you talking about??? I don't see how that could make a car boring? I suppose if you wanna whip it around a corner or something, that's different. But I'll take "predictable" over "hairy to drive" any day.

pcdrj

forum member
Reaction score
Griggs' ST with torque arm and Watt's link. Amazing grip. Corner exits at full throttle with 535 rwhp makes for alot of fun.

Rodeoflyer

forum member
Reaction score
WTF are you talking about??? I don't see how that could make a car boring? I suppose if you wanna whip it around a corner or something, that's different. But I'll take "predictable" over "hairy to drive" any day.

....yet your Mario Andretti quote says otherwise.

What am I talking about? The car has a ton of grip and not much more power than stock. The car is boring because it is now a momentum car - a 3400lb Miata if you will. It doesn't have the power to easily induce understeer or oversteer. If you fuck up, it's not as easy to correct the car. If you drive it properly, it's easy and thus..... boring.

95ragtop

forum member
Reaction score
$540 shipped seems almost to good to pass up. Shocks, struts, springs, and c/c plates. I hate saving money...

Reaction score
....yet your Mario Andretti quote says otherwise.

What am I talking about? The car has a ton of grip and not much more power than stock. The car is boring because it is now a momentum car - a 3400lb Miata if you will. It doesn't have the power to easily induce understeer or oversteer. If you fuck up, it's not as easy to correct the car. If you drive it properly, it's easy and thus..... boring.

Well you are going too slow...push it harder. j/k :roflmao:

I'd love to be stuck like glue to a track. Granted, white knuckle driving does bring an adrenaline rush, but I'd rather be smooth and fast at the track. Like you said, we don't have gobs of power to work with, so the twisties are where we shine. Having a well setup mustang that runs faster lap times than say a z06 or a audi r8 is definitely not boring.
Not trying to insinuate argument. I hear where you are coming from.

Do you compete in anything?
EDIT!! Saw your sig.

Last edited:

Sam Strano

forum member
Reaction score
$540 shipped seems almost to good to pass up. Shocks, struts, springs, and c/c plates. I hate saving money...

You've heard the old line "if it seems too good to be true, it might be"?

Honestly, think about this for a second. Think about what a set of CC plates, even cheap ones cost other placed. Think about what a decent set of shocks costs, let alone a premium set. Think about what springs cost, again, not even the most expensive.

Being that I work in this business, let me tell you that huge margins aren't the norm at least for vendors. It takes time and money and cost to develop parts, and like anything the quality of the development and the bits the parts are made of costs money (and time, and time is money).

I hate to say it, but immediately when I see a suspension setup that costs half as much as a nice set of headers (which are much, much more simple) it raises a red flag.

You do, most often, get what you pay for in this world. There are times when you might not have to pony up huge dollars to get something really pretty good but it's rare. I can't see CC plates, and springs, and dampers all costing only $540 working very well in comparison to anything that's a known commodity. And again, when I have a customer take stuff of a car, that's pretty telling (I didn't sell it, he was a "development" car for them).

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back