Items required to properly lower

Earthworm

Reaction score
Good Day Everyone,

I am looking at the
Pedders SportsRyder EziFit Spring and Shock Kit. It says it will lower 1 to 1.5”.

I am interested in this kit since it appears I won’t need to use a spring compressor. My current strut mounts are making a clanking noise.

Looking to see what I will need to successfully install this.
So far I have read that an adjustable panhard rod bar is needed.
Would I need new rear LCA non-adjustable and/or relocation mounts for the rear LCA?

Any additional hardware that won’t come with any of these kits?

Thank you all!!!

JC SSP

Reaction score
There are some good suspension parts in the for sale section.

Forty61

forum member
Reaction score
Get the GT500 top mounts, flip them 180 degrees rotation from factory to account for the lowering. Adjustable panhard, get one that’s adjustable in the center when mounted.

I did my springs without a compressor but since you have new ones going in I wouldn’t even bother breaking the old ones apart.

dark steed

Resident noob
Reaction score
Get the GT500 top mounts, flip them 180 degrees rotation from factory to account for the lowering. Adjustable panhard, get one that’s adjustable in the center when mounted.

I did my springs without a compressor but since you have new ones going in I wouldn’t even bother breaking the old ones apart.

This right here! I dropped mine 1.5 inches on the FRPP K Springs. I rotated the GT 500 strut mounts 180° and the alignment was perfect. I put 100,000 miles on it since then with no uneven wear.
Also, I second the notion of not breaking them apart. You are replacing the entire unit, springs and all, and you won’t need a spring compressor for the 1.5 inch drop springs

Earthworm

Reaction score
Thank you for the info!

Is there a kit or combo that does not lower the ride height? Maybe a strut I can use with the stock springs? So I can avoid changing the panhardbar and/or LCA.

In reality I just need to replace the strut mount with a gt500 one. I can see if I can get some help with the spring compressor to accomplish this.

Thank you!

JC SSP

Reaction score
Ok I will be the one to ask…

Do you want to lower your car (looks, handling, etc.) or do you have an issue in the suspension that you need to correct and considering an upgrade?

If it’s just your strut mounts, then buy new ones and the tool is a free rental at your local auto parts store.

Forty61

forum member
Reaction score

Do you want to lower your car (looks, handling, etc.) or do you have an issue in the suspension that you need to correct and considering an upgrade?

If it’s just your strut mounts, then buy new ones and the tool is a free rental at your local auto parts store.

Curious too.. changing springs/struts to repair strut mounts is an interesting approach.

Earthworm

Reaction score

I replaced front LCAs with gt500 ones w/ upgrades bjs and bushings. New swap bar end links and bushings. Had significant clunking and this all helped.

Have bit of clunk still. Thinking I need to upgrade gt500 strut mounts. But since I'd have to take out the strut, while I am in there, I wanted to see what options there were.

And if I had to use a compressor, I don't want to go back in there. So maybe replace struts at same time.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Earthworm

Reaction score
Sorry I suck at being concise.

Basically seeing what parts I would need in addition to any kit that lowers the car, ex...adjust panhard rod bar...

Or what strut I can put in if any(oem included obvi) and replace my strut mount with gt500 one.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Too many variables. What benefits do you want from lowering? Do you drag race or like to take the car thru the curves? How low do you want to go? Pedders sucks, way too soft for the mustang imo.

Earthworm

Reaction score
Too many variables. What benefits do you want from lowering? Do you drag race or like to take the car thru the curves? How low do you want to go? Pedders sucks, way too soft for the mustang imo.

With all the info I got on here. I think I will upgrade to the gt500 strut mount. And not lower it. I will look into that down the road.

So I guess my question now would be, should I go OEM strut or is there a good aftermarket one I can swap in while I have it apart?

Not doing any track stuff.

Forty61

forum member
Reaction score
If you’re really just shooting to repair it..

Get on RockAuto, look up a 2009 GT500, order the strut mounts and any OEM equivalent strut you like. Go rent the spring compressor from any auto parts store. Pull the complete assemblies out, yank them apart, move the springs over to the new struts/tops. Slap them back in and hit the road.

No need to overthink or over complicate a stock remove/replace.

JC SSP

Reaction score
I agree with forty61, if mount is really your issue it’s 4 bolts on top and 2 on the lower control arm plus the sway bar end links.

Tool is free with deposit and return. Use an air impact to get the center strut mount bolt on/off and your done.

Check the alignment afterwards too.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I wouldnt waste my money for a stock suspension car. Just go back with stockish parts.

You'll be fine for another 100k or more.

07 Boss

Reaction score
I've changed springs and struts on my car multiple times and never needed a spring compressor. As a matter of fact, those things scare the shit out of me.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back