Rear Springs 1" Lower

JC SSP

Reaction score
Ok if you say so… I might be confused with the top and bottom. Been over 30 since I cut any coil springs.

rocknrod

Reaction score
Well I got both sides out and the panhard bar installed. Tomorrow I go get the spring compressor rented at O'reilly's. Still sick but I can't let that stop me so I went slow.

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
if the bottom of the spring winds off into infinity, so to speak, then that's the end you want to cut. The pigtail can be rotated around to go into the pocket on the lower spring mount. If you cut the top, it won't be flat any longer and won't rest on the top spring perch/mount properly. The front springs on my '66 are the same way.

feel better soon! lot's of rest is key IMO

rocknrod

Reaction score
Panhard in. Spring on driver side cut and installed. Looked at the spring again and how much I cut off, was not quite 1/6 of it. Really shouldn't do this right now. :headscratch:
Panhard.jpg20240321_123759.jpg

DieHarder

Reaction score
Geez, was this thing kept in a vault? Looks brand new for pity's sake. I've never seen anything so clean for it's age.

rocknrod

Reaction score
I plan on removing the rear end this year and dry-ice blast it to clean metal. Replace the stickers and marks then clear coat the axles with KBS Diamond clear. Of course the center section black . . .

DieHarder

Reaction score
Don't know what you paid for it but looks like it was worth every penny. :snoopy

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back