Philly/NJ/DE

2DaDarkZide PR

Vroom, Burble, Burble
Reaction score
Would anyone like to install my 4.10 gear kit from AM this weekend?

Or know of a good reasonable place?

2DaDarkZide PR

Vroom, Burble, Burble
Reaction score
I do apologize, I just figured if there were any DIYers that may offer up.

Also, JPC is a LITTLE far but not too bad. I am just going to call around tomorrow for prices.

2DaDarkZide PR

Vroom, Burble, Burble
Reaction score
Had them installed. Taking it easy but you can feel 1st is way stronger. Specialties Performance Inc in Pottstown, PA did it and they were really friendly and helpful.

Pumpkinfish

Johnny Quarter Mile
Reaction score
How much were they? I usually use Swarr Automotive in Collegeville (he is 5 minutes away from me). I have thought about Specialties Performance, but I am too lazy to drive all that way to Pottown ;-p

2DaDarkZide PR

Vroom, Burble, Burble
Reaction score
How much were they? I usually use Swarr Automotive in Collegeville (he is 5 minutes away from me). I have thought about Specialties Performance, but I am too lazy to drive all that way to Pottown ;-p

It WOULD have been 350 or less had I not wanted the Motive kit installed (bearings & seals, etc).

They advertise a 3.73 install for 345 INCLUDING the gears so I can't imagine being too much different for your own gears.

I paid $590.00 for the 4.10s to be installed along with the gear 'rebuild' kit from AM.

I don't know if that was high or not but the quotes I was getting all morning from different shops were exceeding 900+.

Chris B.

forum member
Reaction score
Had them installed. Taking it easy but you can feel 1st is way stronger. Specialties Performance Inc in Pottstown, PA did it and they were really friendly and helpful.

I've been happy with that shop. I've heard nightmare stories about their tuning of 3V Mustangs, but never heard a complaint about their mechanical work. I've been using their dyno for over 10 years. They still have the same dyno computer running Windows 95 and can give you a copy of your dyno run on 3.5" floppy.

2DaDarkZide PR

Vroom, Burble, Burble
Reaction score
I've been happy with that shop. I've heard nightmare stories about their tuning of 3V Mustangs, but never heard a complaint about their mechanical work. I've been using their dyno for over 10 years. They still have the same dyno computer running Windows 95 and can give you a copy of your dyno run on 3.5" floppy.

They were doing some work on a customer SC SS Camaro that the license plate was a PA tag that read '665HP SS'. If you trust that car with their shop, I would guess they're ok.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back