Pinks all out

ArtQ

forum member
Reaction score
Pinks All-out has posted the schedule for 2008. Each track has a link to there websites. I know people have different thoughts about the way the show is run but…..10 Grand is 10 Grand. I entered the All-out at Maple Grove last year and it was a pretty good time. I was a little surprised to be the only S197 there. There was a very small showing of street cars compared to the amount of full race cars as well. I think that may be due to the way the entries are advertised. It’s obvious that the shows host always leans toward 9 and 10 second cars. It would be cool if enough REAL street cars showed up to give better odds to get in the final 16. Check your local tracks sign-up procedures and let’s flood the fields with actual street cars.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Due you have a link to the schedule? I can't find it...

Thanks...

Irishman

Ricer
Reaction score
Now how can they be amazed at how the Detroit cars and track were the best that they had been to and not have them on the schedule this year. Thats a bunch of crap. Some of the cars there were badass.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
how does this actually work. is it a 10g entry fee? i hope not. id be interested in it for sure. is it completely heads up. fastest car wins? or do they do the negotiating crap

Irishman

Ricer
Reaction score
It is free to enter as far as I know. They have you make a few passes with the trap lights off so you don't know what you are running and make sure everyone is being honest with there times. There is no negotiating just betting with the money you win with the first round. Then they pick a group of 16 cars that are the closest in ET's to compete in the tournament. They have you stage your car like normal but you leave with the drop of the hands not the lights. That way they can see if you are letting off or going faster then you were earlier. If you go faster and bust you lose and they check after every run to compare your times and traps to see if they are sandbagging. If you win the first round you get $500 to use to bet on the next round. The winner gets the $10K and a NAPA tool chest full of tools.

The cars that they pick are usually low 10's to high 9's

ArtQ

forum member
Reaction score
The way they ran it when I entered and seems to be consistant with others I've seen is:
Get on the entry list, keep an eye on the websites for your track. The sign ups don't last long before the field is full.
Standard entry fee for most events is around 35 or 40 bucks.
This includes Friday test and tune about 2 runs.
Saturday, first run is off the tree, times show and you get a slip.
Next run is hand dropped, the times don't show and you don't get a slip.
They then look for a group of cars running as close as possible with each other. Sometimes they have run offs if there's alot of cars in the pack to pick the final 16.
If you are picked for the final sixteen you run heads up first round. If you win you are in the final 8 and you get 1000.00 to bet with or keep. Most bets are between 300 and 500 with an occasional all in of 1000.00. All races are heads up with no negotiating BS.
If you make it to the finals it's best out of 3 runs hot lapping.
Final winner gets the 10G, the money they won betting through the rounds and the tools.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
id be in. as long as i dont have to lsoe my car im game haha

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think you get better cars and better races in all out becuae people don't loose their car. Most people just build throw away cars for regular pinks.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
I can't picture having enough cash to consider a 10 sec car a throw-away. Must be nice.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back