A/C blower questions

Wickedxrebel

Reaction score
Hello all, I have s V6 vert that has blower motor problems. I’ve isolated the pink blower motor wire out of the harness to make sure connection is clean, and I’ve swapped both the blower motor, resistor and relay all known working from my GT. I also removed the cabin filter. It blows but just not very strong at all, nothing like my GT on high. I know the dash’s switches are probably next, but…
When I have car running, The connector that goes to the blower (pink wire side) has 14.3 volts when set on high. But it also has 14.3 volts when set on low. Isn’t the resistor supposed to make the supply voltage lower for the lower settings? Maybe I need to put the parts back in my GT and test that theory.
Also what’s the best or easiest way to Hotwire the blower switch to run on high through a small aux switch? Also, where does the red wire (next to the pink) that plugs into the blower motor go to?

thanks
D

Wickedxrebel

Reaction score
Also when I use a jumper wire the thing runs full blast. Since I know my resistor is good, my hypothesis is that the dash switches (rheostats?) are on the ground side of things and that is what’s giving me problems. If I plug in the blower motor connnector, but snip the back end off the orange and black wire (is this one a ground?) and go directly to ground, then my blower on/off will still function correctly on the dash switch, but as soon a I turn it on, it will only blow on maximum speed? This would be perfect for me right now in this blazing heat anyways. I may try this and update

AboStangster

Reaction score
I just saw this thread and may be a little late to the party but...
I had a similar problem and ended up changing the selector switch which resolved the problem.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back