Placing order for 2012 KB GT Prem tomorrow!

Justinjor

JUIC3D
Reaction score
Hey all and Happy Easter!

Just wanted to stop in and say hello. I am tentatively placing my order for a 2012 Kona Blue GT Prem tomorrow morning.
As it sits now, car will have brembos, 3.73s, HIDs, and Nav. I went back and forth on the 'luxury items' and I think I've finally settled on that combo.

I'm looking forward to learning a lot from this site and SVTP as it seems there are WAY too many knowledgeable people to learn from. I've been reading threads for the past few weeks and learn so much every time I open a new one.

I drove a 94 Firebird Formula all through college and, for some strange reason, decided to trade it in on a 2010 VW GTI. I enjoyed the better gas mileage and decent interior, but in the end, my love of RWD and V-8 power is too much to ignore.

Can't wait to get my build sheet

Cheers,
Justin

blackgt09

forum member
Reaction score
congrats i placed my order on friday for a black on black with the same options i pick mine up this wednesday

Justinjor

JUIC3D
Reaction score
congrats i placed my order on friday for a black on black with the same options i pick mine up this wednesday

Damn that's a fast turn around. They told me it would be 6-8 weeks for delivery and that I would get a build sheet that had more details. VIN # etc.

Either way, I'm really excited. I took 6 months to finally pull the trigger so I'm anxiously awaiting its arrival :)

Justinjor

JUIC3D
Reaction score
Order placed :) 2012 GT Premium Kona Blue w/Charcoal Leather 400A. Named her "Molly"
3.73s, Brembo, Nav, HID, Rear pedestal spoiler (no hood from Accy Package 4).

They said 6-8 weeks. Any chance it could be here in like..4? :D

Either way, I'm really excited and have already been shopping around for her first mod. I'm thinking JLT intake and Boss 302 intake combined with a tune. Perhaps I should wait in case my transmission decided to self-destruct before 4k miles like others have experienced.

Super excited!

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score

Damn that's a fast turn around. They told me it would be 6-8 weeks for delivery and that I would get a build sheet that had more details. VIN # etc.

Either way, I'm really excited. I took 6 months to finally pull the trigger so I'm anxiously awaiting its arrival :)

Probably not an order but rather a dealer trade. Orders take 6-12 weeks generally.

Niiiice where are you located?

x2

Justinjor

JUIC3D
Reaction score
Ya, I see that John. I just google mapped it and it's only 4 hours. Maybe once I get her broken in, the wife and I will take a road trip and explore the west coast a bit. :beer:

Justinjor

JUIC3D
Reaction score
Definitely. I'm already having dreams about it. My wife thinks I'm crazy but at least she's supportive :)

Justinjor

JUIC3D
Reaction score
She let me buy the mustang now, but I have to agree to kids in no more than 5 years. I think it's a fair trade

Sidenote-John, does BBR specialize in straight-line performance or do you handle the twisties as well?

I already know the general route I want to take with the mods on my car and considering the interior setup I chose, it will never be a monster in the 1/4 mile, and that's ok with me. I got the GT premium with Nav and stuff for a reason. It will be my daily driver with occasional track days. I bought it to be a comfortable ride and still deliver the power when I ask it to. It will need to be comfortable and have a nice ride but I can sacrifice some of that for performance, but I don't want an all-out race car.

I would like to be able to run it on a road course and still turn a mid 11 sec 1/4 mile with a 120 mph trap.

I know my car will be heavy and that will be a big disadvantage so I'll have to shed some weight somewhere. I see BMR is about to release their tubular kmember so that is one of the options.

Either way, I'm really excited to finally have some modern muscle to tinker with and I'm looking forward to the potential.

Justinjor

JUIC3D
Reaction score
Also, I see so many different parts listed for the 2011 GT but I see very few that incorporate the 2012 into the mix. I was under the impression that the 2011 and 2012 are virtually identical, save for the build date? Is that not correct? Will I be waiting for specific parts that are designed for the 2012 or do the majority of the 2011 parts work just fine?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back