"Plasti-Dip"ing wheels

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
ScreenShot2012-02-25at83235PM.png

ProCrsh

Reaction score
chutoyy,
I've been looking into vinyl wraps for a while and the thought crossed my mind to plasti dip my car, was it a difficult process? You just picked up however many cans of clear and sprayed away? Think there's any side affects to the paint underneath? Please shed some light my way lol

calispecial08

forum member
Reaction score
I don't think he really cared about the paint effects as he sanded the car before he plastidipped it because he is getting it repainted

chutoyy

forum member
Reaction score
chutoyy,
I've been looking into vinyl wraps for a while and the thought crossed my mind to plasti dip my car, was it a difficult process? You just picked up however many cans of clear and sprayed away? Think there's any side affects to the paint underneath? Please shed some light my way lol

I had vinyl stripes on my car before for about a year. Those 'tan lines' required some wet sanding and buffing...
300092_10150337810533173_507573172_8305211_2074160949_n.jpg

If your entire car is wrapped, your paint should be almost like new if you ever opt to remove it. If you wrap say, just the roof, the paint on the rest of the car will obviously age faster.

Plastidip is pretty much the same thing as vinyl I'm told... I've never had pdip on my car longer than 5 months so I can't say 100% about the longevity.

I don't think he really cared about the paint effects as he sanded the car before he plastidipped it because he is getting it repainted

^^ That too.

ProCrsh

Reaction score
I'm contacting a wholeasaler for a bunch of cans. I guess well see what happens lol. Thanks again for the info guys.

Kaldar142

Reaction score
IMO plasti-dip is not a long term solution, sometimes it last a while... other times it doesn't seem to last very long at all. IE starts peeling off

Cal26Stang

forum member
Reaction score
Plasti-dip may be a short term solution, but for poor college kids like me, it's a cool and cheap mod that makes a huge difference, I'm considering doing my stock winter wheels gloss black

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i didn't know there were that many colors available....guess i'll have to do some research. thinking of doing my gt500's.

Wicked One

forum member
Reaction score
dip your whole car.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rNY9Dx617N8" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
I want to do that to my car after watching the video..lol

ditto. May do it just for the hell of it next school year. Matte white would look interesting. I just can't take care of the car during the school year and black is such a pain in the ass if you don't clean it properly.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back