Plastidip as winter paint protection

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
Have any of you used plastidip as a winter paint protector? I just bought a few cans of the clear to apply to my front bumper, front part of the hood/fenders and the rocker panels to try and protect the paint from rock chips this winter. My car has very, very few stone chips and I’d like to keep it that way.

I’ve read about it and seen Youtube videos but don’t know anyone that has actually done this.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Guy I work with has a camaro he dipped then wrapped after he peeled that off.

Can't remember when it happened but someone bumped into him and left a dent, got popped back out and he peeled whichever he had on at the time off later and paint was still perfect

z_stalion84

Boba Fett approves!
Reaction score
I plan on doing my wheels before it gets to cold. Thought about plastidipping the entire car

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
I don't think I'd want to do the entire car in the event it's a bitch to remove. I'm interested to see how this stuff holds up.

5tangiac.0

forum member
Reaction score
In my experiences most of the time it has been a bish to remove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
In my experiences most of the time it has been a bish to remove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's supposed to be a remover that you can buy or use WD40 to melt it off. Sounds like it would be a mess. However, if it protects the front end of my car from stone chips this winter, it will have been worth the hassle.

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
I save my money and car by buying and bronco to drive in the bad weather.

Unfortunately, that's not in the budget for me this year. I had a deal on an old Hyundai but it fell through so I bought snow tires and rims instead.

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, that's not in the budget for me this year. I had a deal on an old Hyundai but it fell through so I bought snow tires and rims instead.

I've seen people buy running 4x4 broncos for under $1,000. I only paid $1,900 for mine and I've been driving it for 2 years now. Thing is a straight up beast. Now my mustangs just stay nice and clean.

Last edited:

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Damn thats not bad looking.

I picked up a beater Grand cherokee for 1k, 4wd works and heat works, the AC is whatever speed im going at with the windows open though, need to figure out if its dead or a simple fix.

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
If you do not spray it correctly, yes, it will be a bitch to peel off. If you do it the right way, and not using cans for the whole car, it should peel off just fine.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back