pony caps on amr wheels

chair

forum member
Reaction score
Hello people, i dont usually post because i mostly use the search feature. But heres one i couldnt really find. Theyve stayed on for weeks now through rough roads, freeways, canyons, etc. The only tool you really need is a wire cutter to cut/bend and a socket to remove wheels.

Step 1. find a THICK paperclip

Step 2. Get yer caps.

Step 3. Straighten out the paper clip and bend in u shape so it fits in the grooves on the back of the caps.

you only need about 1/4 of an inch past the cap so it doesnt touch the hub...or whatever.

Step 4. remove circular ring from cap.

Step 5. This works best with the wheel off, just to make sure you get a snug fit. place paperclip in wheel and bend the ends so it forms a taper.

Step 6. Place cap in hole, fitting the paperclip between the grooves of the cap and place circular ring. it should fit snug once the ring goes on. if it doesnt adjust the paperclip. If done correctly the cap should sit flush with no gaps and shouldnt move.

This is just one option. I didnt spend any money and has worked for me so far. I was just sketched out about cutting the oem caps and then gluing them to the amr ones like ive seen done. This method both sets of caps stay in tact. Hopefully this helps some of you, if it doesnt, sorry hahah.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back