Pony Package Fogs on GT Grill

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
ahh I see. I think the corral with the GT fogs would look pretty decent.

yep, I've seen it done a couple times. Personally I like the bigger size fogs with the corral, but the OP was going for a stealth/V6 look I think. Same reason I have PP emblems, haha.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
Did a new craze for V6 PP grilles just start?! lol Not to be 'Debbie Downer' but I dont get all the hype about this?

Certainly not a "new craze" for me. I did the swap on my car about 2 years ago. Still get lots of positive comments on it everywhere I go.

Last edited:

allinon72

forum member
Reaction score
I don't really understand the V6 grill love affair, or the small fogs love affair, but that's just me.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
I don't really understand the V6 grill love affair, or the small fogs love affair, but that's just me.

3 reasons why I did it:
  1. The 05+ GT foglamps are just too big, IMO.
  2. The V6 PP foglamps look more like the 65-68 GT foglamps.
  3. Stealth factor. It's priceless to whoop someone at the track and leave 'em thinking that a V6 just beat them.

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
3 reasons why I did it:
  3. Stealth factor. It's priceless to whoop someone at the track and leave 'em thinking that a V6 just beat them.

and the 4th reason; because it's your car and YOU like it. Hell, that'd be my number 1.

Car looks great, love it when people personalize their car to suit themselves not some dumb-ass fad.

Racer47

Doesn't have much to say
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
3 reasons why I did it:

Thanks for the write up. It looks good. I also think the GT fogs are way too big. I may end up doing this to mine.

DAV.TUK

forum member
Reaction score
It does look more like the older style. Would have been nice to have the choice from the dealer. Def. a in my 08's future.

06Torch

forum member
Reaction score
Five Oh Brian,
Where did you purchase the weather strip? I've looked at a couple of places like AutoZone and Home Depot but can't seem to find it. I'm going to try the v6 grill with the Pony package fogs and some mesh this weekend.
Thanks!

Gerardo

April2509013.jpg

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
Five Oh Brian,
Where did you purchase the weather strip? I've looked at a couple of places like AutoZone and Home Depot but can't seem to find it. I'm going to try the v6 grill with the Pony package fogs and some mesh this weekend.
Thanks!

Gerardo

I bought this weatherstrip from Lowe's Hardware Store. You can likely order it from the manufacturer: M-D Building Products. Here's this item on their website (I used item #01033)...

http://www.mdteam.com/products.php?category=1665

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back