Power Steering Pump Pulley

Stinkyone

forum member
Reaction score
Mine is wobbling all over like a fat kid on a unicycle. Are these keyed (press on) or do I need the tool to get the pulley back in all the way? The idler pulley next to it went tits up from the belt going back and forth, but then again those cheap POS plastic Saleen pulleys dont take much. I know, shame on me for leaving it on anyway. Is squealing like a stuck pig.

May just drop the pump down in the morning and have a quick look. Any been theres?

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
Mine is wobbling all over like a fat kid on a unicycle. Are these keyed (press on) or do I need the tool to get the pulley back in all the way? The idler pulley next to it went tits up from the belt going back and forth, but then again those cheap POS plastic Saleen pulleys dont take much. I know, shame on me for leaving it on anyway. Is squealing like a stuck pig.

May just drop the pump down in the morning and have a quick look. Any been theres?

Press on

Attachments

• Power Steering Pump Pulley - 4.6L 5.4L.pdf
    255.2 KB · Views: 31

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You need this

pulley_puller.jpg

pulley1.jpg

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
why is your P/S pulley wobbling in the first place?

Before you remove the damaged P/S pulley be sure to take some accurate measurements on how far the original pulley was pressed onto the P/S pump shaft. Most belt shredding and noise issues are the result of the P/S pulley not being in alignment with the rest of the pulleys. The Gates Drive Align tool work great for making sure the pulleys are in alignment.

PS: you do know that you can purchase a 6 rib idler pulley from NAPA that is 90mm in dia. dirt cheap from NAPA and they have them sitting on the shelf at most locations.

Stinkyone

forum member
Reaction score
Good point, there is a reason its loose in the first place. As for the idler pully I just went with a stock 90mm. Is not the stock motor, replaced last April with a 2008 engine.[QUOTE=tmcolegr;760559]why is your P/S pulley wobbling in the first place?

Before you remove the damaged P/S pulley be sure to take some accurate measurements on how far the original pulley was pressed onto the P/S pump shaft. Most belt shredding and noise issues are the result of the P/S pulley not being in alignment with the rest of the pulleys. The Gates Drive Align tool work great for making sure the pulleys are in alignment.

PS: you do know that you can purchase a 6 rib idler pulley from NAPA that is 90mm in dia. dirt cheap from NAPA and they have them sitting on the shelf at most locations.[/QUOTE]

Stinkyone

forum member
Reaction score
Used the tool, took all of 5 minutes, need to go a little further in. Have to watch the alignment I guess. Is easy so if anyone needs to do it, go for it!

fhlh

Grabber? Don't Know Her!
Reaction score
Is this something you borrow/rent or is do you have to buy one?
(Someone in Texas have one I can borrow?)

I used one from O'rielly's for 29.99, returned it later that day and was refunded completely

tmcolegr said:
why is your P/S pulley wobbling in the first place?

PS: you do know that you can purchase a 6 rib idler pulley from NAPA that is 90mm in dia. dirt cheap from NAPA and they have them sitting on the shelf at most locations.

Not to thread jack... but, where does one get this alignment tool.
I just had a Saleen S/C w/3.6 installed and the belt is nothing but ghetto. squeaks at idle, squeaks even worse with the A/C is on. squeaks when you get on it.

We didn't use the plastic Saleen 76mm pulling, reused the stock metal.
Tensioner is the Steeda with 90mm billet pully. Using the proper Gates belt.

I am embarrassed to drive my car around right now cause it's so loud.

fhlh

Grabber? Don't Know Her!
Reaction score
It's the same tool kit Doc posted a picture of

CandyRedGT

forum member
Reaction score
I have a Saleen blower on my car. Added the Steeda idler/tensioner and the billet pulley last summer. Had to change out my belt with not even 2000 miles on it. Squeaked like a bitch at idle alot of the time. Quieted down some when you sped it up.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back