PPRV delete kit

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This kit deletes the oem pprv on the GT and GT500 fuel hats. Easy to install kit that gets rid of the restrictive ppr valve when pushing more power out of your returnless setup. Kit includes 1 foot of larger than stock 3/8" id Gates 30R10 SAE Submersible fuel hose, two steel fuel hose clamps and a zip tie to finish it off. Also come with step by step directions with pictures that I will email you.

$29 shipped.

20121026_140930.jpg

Last edited:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Here's a pic of the kit installed on a GT500 fuel hat, deleting the pprv.

zzzzzzz.jpg

Last edited:

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
This may be something for me to look into over the winter....Is the hose you supply in your pprv delete kit E85 safe? When the time comes I'll reach out to you Jeremy...you were great to deal with for the wiring harness for my BAP.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Define safe lol. E85 is very corrosive to rubber hose in general, but in the scheme of things however this is the best hose on the market to use with it. It will eventualy breakdown, which it will do in gas as well it will just take alot longer than a lesser quality hose. I will put it this way though, the hose will most likely outlive the car. I have quite few guys running my setups with e85 and I exclusively use gates 30r10 sae hose for this reason.

"The Gates Submersible Fuel Line Hose contains a special compound called Fluoroelastomer (FKM), which resists gas permeation and retards aging. It is also reinforced with Aramid Fiber—the same fiber used in bulletproof vests and that is pound for pound stronger than steel. It is this advanced construction that allows the Gates Submersible Fuel Line Hose to exceed the SAE 30R10 rating, which is the standard for a submersible fuel line hose application. It also makes the Gates Submersible Fuel Line Hose the perfect hose for submersed in-tank applications."

Last edited:

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
Holy crap taking the gt500 fuel pumps/hat out is a pain. Just got it out and about to put the pprv delete hose on.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I remember the first time I did it, not fun at all just take your time and be careul. I can have a hat out in 10 minutes now! ;)

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
I just hope everything is ok after putting it back in...seems like the walbro filters get in a the way a little in the fuel basket and I had to push real hard to get the hat assembly to drop in and all of a sudden it really popped down. I just hope something didn't snap.

I guess I'll find out after I get the lines all run and fire it up tomorrow afternoon.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah when I put aftermarket pumps in the gt500 hat I orient the pumps so the filters are pointed in the correct way to not interfere with the bucket when installed. Can be tricky to do with the stock pumps. Biggest thing is to make sure the level sender is over the bucket wall towards the inside of the car. I seat the the hat first then pull it up a few inches and reach in to connect the crossover then seat it down again. Its hard to get the hat all the way in if you connect the crossover before the hat is most of the way in.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The pprv valve delete alone is worth a 2-4% drop in duty cycle and also helps prevent pressure spikes and drops at shifts. When you let off the gas to shift(if you do lol) the injectors lock and pressure spikes as the check valve keeps the pressure from immeditley flowing back. The frps sees the spike and the pcm reduces voltage, by this time your already back in the gas and the demand from the injectors is back and you get a pressure drop. This is a must do mod for the 99-04 cars and termi's but is often overlooked on the s197 Gt's and Gt500's.

20121005_204042.jpg

You can see how small it gets inside and restricts flow.
20121005_204032.jpg

Cut away view.
20121005_204400.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back