Price check

gtkid

forum member
Reaction score
First time going to shop. Had great first impressions.
Have all parts on hand so just paying for labor, said it was an all day job. Located in northern cali keep in mind the cost of living is through the the roof!!

LCAs/relocation brackets(welded)

UCA/mount

upper axle bushing

Ford racing 4.10s and tracktion lok rebuild kit.

CAI/tuner

SLP line lock

$1000

Last edited:

gtkid

forum member
Reaction score
How many hours and at what rate?

He has the parts, so labor only, u still think the same?

$115 an hours. Wasn't thinking of asking for an exact ETA at the time. All he said was it was going to be an all day job and had to drop the differential to make things easier

Marshal

30MM @70/s
Reaction score
3-400 labor alone for gears is reasonable most places in the country. $115 an hour for a specialty shop in CA doesn't seem unreasonable either.

The only real labor intensive job is the gears. The arms he will be doing anyway to drop the axle plus 10-20 minutes of welding. The CAI and tuner are an hourish max as well. Not sure on how intensive the line lock is, I haven't done one in a Mustang.

Bottom line, if $1k is worth it to you and you liked the shop then go for it. You may find it cheaper elsewhere, you may not.

Last edited:

AbdullaGT500

forum member
Reaction score
First time going to shop. Had great first impressions.
Have all parts on hand so just paying for labor, said it was an all day job. Located in northern cali keep in mind the cost of living is through the the roof!!

LCAs/relocation brackets(welded)

UCA/mount

upper axle bushing

Ford racing 4.10s and tracktion lok rebuild kit.

CAI/tuner

SLP line lock

$1000

I think so. Most shops local to me charge $350-$400 for gear install assuming I provided the parts. The Lower control arms and relocation brackets will probably take another hour or so, maybe another hour for the UCA and bushing? I've never done a line-lock, so not sure how bad that is, I'd assume it's at least a 1 or 2 hour job with the cold air intake.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok, I paid $350 or $400 including parts for my last gear install

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score

FWIW gear install labor usually runs me $450 or so with tax. It's one of those things that I will pay someone else to do and I will pay extra to have a perfectionist do the work.

OP: Word of mouth goes along way when it comes to gear installers. IMO it takes more than just swapping parts to get a good quiet gear install.

I'm not sure what ceremonies are performed or if goats are sacrificed or what but it takes some talent and a set of quality gears.

gtkid

forum member
Reaction score
Thank you guys so much for the replies, this forum comes through once again. Im gunna go ahead with the installs. Really want to build a good relationship with this shop

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back