problems after boost gauge install

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
First off, the motor was doing this as soon as I turned on the A/C upon getting my new motor installed.

I just did my boost gauge like the one in the DIY section and tapped into the same vac line. Now that I tapped into the vac line that was in the photo, my engine drops to 500RPM's and feels like it wants to bog down, then surges back to normal idling RPM's. However, this only happens when the A/C is on. When you remove the nylon hose that runs to the gauge, and leave the T of the splice open, the motor starts idling much better. However, if you put your thumb over it to simulate how it was before the vac line was ever cut and tapped into, it wants to bog down again...

This happens when driving too. If the A/C is on, the RPM's drop and starts to bog every time I come to a stop. If the A/C is off, it really doesnt do it at all.

Any ideas?

Here is a link to the thread I used to do the install...
http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39223

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
also, FYI. The boost gauge is not working. I dont think I kinked the nylon hose anywhere. I ran it very carefully.

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
loss of power at idle turned out being a bad throttle body on the motor i bought to replace the blown one. Threw on my old throttle body and it idles fine now. boost gauge still doesnt work though. gonna uninstall it later and check the hose for kinks.

Vapour Trails

The Renaissance Man
Reaction score
You have a kink somewhere. If I had to do a boost gauge again I'd do with an electrical one. Running the line without kinking it is a bitch

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
i have a dual pod a-pillar from SOS. The top pod has the hole drilled too close to the surface and it was kinking the nylon hose. I had to swap it with the pyrometer and the hole is drilled a lot further back on the bottom pod. No more kinks. You vapour trails are correct.

Note to everybody doing a mechanical boost gauge in an a-pillar gauge pod...USE THE BOTTOM POD!!!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back