Procharger piping modification

jas2234

forum member
Reaction score
So I hot a hell of a deal on a cervini heat extractor hood. Ran into a couple of problems installing it with the procharger.

First the expansion tank makes contact. That was an easy fix, cut 1" out of the center of the tank.

Second was the pipe coming right off the head unit. So I decided to modify the pipe. Pictures show the mod. Does anyone think this will affect the procharger in any way?

20180305_142125.jpg

20180304_141445.jpg

20180303_150851.jpg

CammedS197

forum member
Reaction score
You probably would have been better off just pulling that pipe off and hammering it to what you needed. But shouldn't really affect the procharger

jas2234

forum member
Reaction score
Thought about it but then it would have really looked like shit. At least with cutting it it will look better when I smooth everything down and paint it.

bunits19714

forum member
Reaction score
or ran it out the new hood and back down- "look I picked up a # of boost!!." The 3v procharger kits are not ran very well compared to the newer coyotes that is for sure. you couldn't of clocked the blower and re ran your piping to the intercooler?

jas2234

forum member
Reaction score
Thought about that too. As far as I could tell clocking the head unit is a no go. And if I could have there would have to be several cuts on the piping to make it work. There is defiantly no forgiveness in the routing.

travelers

Reaction score
I think you have two things going on there. The first is your going to have less volume of air by cutting the tube down. And by the look you may also be creating a venture effect there. Not sure if it's going to create some back pressure in the head unite.

jas2234

forum member
Reaction score
I was also thinking the same but then again it's defiantly pre intake so it will settle down by then also the huge intercooler will make up for turbulent air. I'm just worried about possible back pressure on the head unit itself .

06JET

forum member
Reaction score
I'm sure it will work out. It must have been a fricking great deal to risk you power adder. Make sure you clean the inside of the pipe better than you think you can and then some.

jas2234

forum member
Reaction score
Ya it was an awesome deal. Once I get home this weekend I'm gonna get everything back together and see if there is any difference. If I notice a slight difference at all I'm gonna get some tubing and try to change the routing. Not much room to work with.

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
I doubt you'll notice any difference. Think about that video where the guys "dimpled" the headers and pretty much saw no loss in performance.

jas2234

forum member
Reaction score
Ya I remember seeing that on a sat morning hot rod show a few years back. Every time they beat the pipes they ran the motor on a dyno. There was one point they actually made more power.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
I doubt you'll notice any difference. Think about that video where the guys "dimpled" the headers and pretty much saw no loss in performance.
To be fair they started with a oversized header and no boost was involved.
The necked down part of the pipe will affect boost pressure and add heat to the intake tract. It won't matter at stock block power levels.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back