Prosport Fuel Pressure Gauge Install

lenko

Reaction score
Due to the large size of the sender of this gauge I don't think I can install an adapter on the fuel rail to mount the sender. I am thinking of cutting the nylon/rubber fuel line and installing a 5/16 by 1/8" fitting with fuel injection hose hose clamps. Is this adviseable - any thoughts or suggestions. I researched and believe the hose is 5/16.
T and clamps pictured below.
20140116_102615.jpg

Attachments

• 20140116_102615.jpg
    20140116_102615.jpg
    343.8 KB · Views: 33

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
I wouldnt trust that holding the lines in place under high pressure. But that's just my opinion.
If the sender is that large, a simple pipe nipple can extend out to give you more room away from the fuel rail.

lenko

Reaction score
I wouldnt trust that holding the lines in place under high pressure. But that's just my opinion.
If the sender is that large, a simple pipe nipple can extend out to give you more room away from the fuel rail.

Thanks for confirming my concern. Looks like I'll have to get a fuel rail adapter and a fuel line with a female 1/8" connection for the sender. Probably better to mount the sender away from the rail where it won't be subjected to as much vibration.

Weou09

forum member
Reaction score
This may not be the same thing but isn't an aftermarket fuel pump held in place the same way? Rubber hose over a barbed fitting and clamps. Also if this works I don't see why that wouldn't work.
20121004_110519.jpg

lenko

Reaction score
Weou09. It was my intention to use two fuel injector hose clamps on both sides of the barb fitting so it would hold even more. I welded the bung on the H pipe for the wideband and I will install the pipe tomorrow and give this fuel press. sender thing some more thought. Thanks for your advice.

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
There's a little bit of difference in the stock line vs a clamped on line. The stock line is shrunk to fit, and molded over each "barb". A hose slid over a barb has to dig into the barb to hold in place. As long as it can hold up to the pressure, it'd be fine. But, I'm just saying, I didnt set up any of my hoses that way (i.e., my opinion).

Weou09

forum member
Reaction score
There's a little bit of difference in the stock line vs a clamped on line. The stock line is shrunk to fit, and molded over each "barb". A hose slid over a barb has to dig into the barb to hold in place. As long as it can hold up to the pressure, it'd be fine. But, I'm just saying, I didnt set up any of my hoses that way (i.e., my opinion).

That was my point. That AN hose in the picture is not shrunk over the stock fitting. There are quiet a few guys running S&H's hat to rail line upgrade and I haven't seen anyone separating parts.

Saleen S281

forum member
Reaction score
I Have Prosport Gauges too And I'm Using A Metco Fuel Rail Adapter. Only $36 Shipped From Jegs. No Splicing, Easy Hook Up.

lenko

Reaction score
I Have Prosport Gauges too And I'm Using A Metco Fuel Rail Adapter. Only $36 Shipped From Jegs. No Splicing, Easy Hook Up.

Is yours the large 1 3/4" diameter sender like pictured below? Some suggest that mounting the sender on the fuel rail subjects it to engine vibration.
jpg.gif

Attachments

• 20140118_133530.jpg
    20140118_133530.jpg
    484.9 KB · Views: 28

lenko

Reaction score
Picked up a used fuel rail adapter for 20 bucks. Will go with that. Thanks all for the advice.

Saleen S281

forum member
Reaction score
Picked up a used fuel rail adapter for 20 bucks. Will go with that. Thanks all for the advice.

IDint Think My Sender Looks Like That. That's Good, Simple HookUp, No Splicing. Which Gauges Do You Have?

lenko

Reaction score
Nice, I Have The Halo Ones, Boost/Afr/fuel
Halo is a nice choice with three colors, easy daisy chaining and ability to externally vary light intensity and other great features. How do you find them for accuracy?

lenko

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]Well the Prosport fuel pressure sender went bonkers after a couple hundred miles. Prosport wants me to send it back at my expense for TESTING ??, and if it is ok will ship it back, at my expense. This is all for a $24.00 part. I was also told that in Feb they revised this Evo Fuel pressure gauge and the fuel pressure sender. I asked about sending my gauge and sender back for warranty for the new one and was told that my gauge is ok and to send the pressure sender back. Obviously they revised the gauge and sender because of the many complaints and problems, but in my case they do not want to honor this warranty. Their policy dissuades warranty for malfunctioning gauges and parts.[/FONT]

Saleen S281

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks, that sucks man, I haven't had any problems with mine, hope it works out for you.

lenko

Reaction score
Hell, when I purchased my axlebacks from American Muscle, the Pypes co. sent me two right side ones. I called American Muscle and they immediately sent out the left side and that's right to my home in Alberta, Canada at no charge. When I asked if I should return the extra right one they said, no just hang it up on your garage wall as a souvenir. That's what you call good will and good service. Some have it and some don't. Prosport Inc. obviously doesn't have it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back