Prothane hydro bushing?

TopoGuy

The Gunny
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm trying to spend money wisely on suspension upgrades for my DD, while also correcting some factory defaults, and wanted to know if anyone's running the prothane suspension bushings up front. More specifically, the hydro bushing replacement. I'm trying to get rid of the damn chirping that's coming from the rt ft control arm. The cars only suspension mod are the ground force lowering springs.

Thoughts?

kevinatfms

EX-ford tech(6 years)
Reaction score
it would be the rear control arm bushing your talking about. its the only front hydra bushing on the control arm.
they are a pain to install and the harmonic dampening fluid is a nightmare to get off anything it comes in contact with. its very sticky and will stain most fabrics whiteish/grey.
i suggest getting the GT500 arms or going with the BMR setup to reduce the hassle of replacing them(replace hydra bushing) along with everything else(balljoints, front to poly bushings)

i worked for ford for a long time and replaced my own with the fr500s pieces and they were the worst item i ever installed on any vehicle from 2004-2011....FYI

908ssp

forum member
Reaction score
I just replaced my front A arm rear bushing with the bushings from Whiteline. They were a pain and I have a hydraulic press and I had to cut the old ones off. But once the old ones are off the rest is fairly easy. I also installed the long ball joints from Steeda and the bump steer kit from Shelby since I didn't want to remove the A arms again if I did not have too. I have had a limited amount of drive time with the new set up and I do think they made a difference I can feel. I have more feedback from the steering and the front seems to dive less on braking.

TopoGuy

The Gunny
Reaction score
Kevin,

Do the GT500 arms include the taller balljoints to correct for a lowered vehicle, or just the TSB corrected 19mm vice 18mm balljoint shaft diameter?

Reason I ask is because it would be more cost effective to buy the X5 balljoints and the prothane suspension kit, as it includes a majority of the suspension bushings, to include the hydro bushing.

Again, just trying to get the most bang for the buck.

I'd love to go with the BMR control arms, they're badass! But I'm not sure that they're very streetable for use on the DD in shitty DC traffic and NoVA roads everyday.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back