Pulses per gallon conversion table adjustment for appropriate MPG

TheSlow1

forum member
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone knows which way I have to adjust this table so that I start tk get the appropriate MPG on my car. I have an e force blower with 60# injectors and my car is saying 26.5mpg but it's alot closer to 15. I'm trying to see if anyone knows which way I have to adjust this table or if you can post up what your setting is at with 60s. I'm also going to be verifying my revs per mile bs my gear ratio in the tune as well but I'm pretty sure those are correct being my mph is spot on.

Thanks for the help

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
I have been curious about this as well. Mine reads 5 MPG higher than actual.

TurboX

Formally Buzz Lightyear
Reaction score
I don't know what the tables you are talking about look like but, is it as easy as making adjustments until your cars MPGs is similar to what your calculator shows ?

Good luck, Im interested in the right answer.

TheSlow1

forum member
Reaction score
Well my car is reading about half as much on gallons used and I'm assuming about double on millage. I thinkn going to try multiplying the table by .6 and see how that works out unlessni get some info on here. I usually do stuff by trial and error but If someone has a actual method to the madness I would rather try that

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Need to go the other way. Divide by .57 and it should be spot on if your mpg calcs are correct. I came up with 82431.

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
Well damn, this was incredibly useful. Need to go check that now. I'm running 60's and getting overly optimistic MPG figures as well.

TheSlow1

forum member
Reaction score
I'm gonna try this out in the morning. I'll Post back later tomorrow with any findings

TheSlow1

forum member
Reaction score
Turns out that my tune had the wrong Injector adjustments loads and my engine displacement was pretty much cut in half so between those both getting fixed I now show the proper miles per gallon. It's not much mind you but it seems correct now. Still have to verify with a tank of gas

J

jchambers1

Turns out that my tune had the wrong Injector adjustments loads and my engine displacement was pretty much cut in half so between those both getting fixed I now show the proper miles per gallon. It's not much mind you but it seems correct now. Still have to verify with a tank of gas

Just be cautious here. Your injector parameters (slopes, breakpoint, etc.) and displacement may have been scaled for a reason, say to avoid maxing the fuel pump voltage table. Just randomly setting those back to stock values may not be the best thing to do as they directly control the amount of fueling. Engine damage could occur.

TheSlow1

forum member
Reaction score
Very true and I do monitor that stuff as well but being I wasn't there to make he was inputting the proper info when making and adjusting the tune I'm gonna chalk this one up to wrong data being added to begin with

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
I guess Justin must of adjusted that in my tune. I get 10mpg with my 60's and it's spot on with the display. Summer blends I would get 12.

bcb06gt

Reaction score
I am surprised that some well known tuners do not adjust this parameter, and of those, have no clue to fix it.

Stinger

forum member
Reaction score
You are correct, I found it there. What is the stock value? Mine is 48000 (which I think is the stock value) but I have 39lb injectors so it appears I need to adjust it.

Where did you get the "divide by .57" value? I tried every calculation I could think of comparing 24lb and 60lb injectors and couldn't ever come up with .57. If I know how you calculated it, I can use the same equation for my injectors. Thanks.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
You are correct, I found it there. What is the stock value? Mine is 48000 (which I think is the stock value) but I have 39lb injectors so it appears I need to adjust it.

Where did you get the "divide by .57" value? I tried every calculation I could think of comparing 24lb and 60lb injectors and couldn't ever come up with .57. If I know how you calculated it, I can use the same equation for my injectors. Thanks.

It has nothing to do with the injectors. The correction factor was obtained using actual vs indicated mpg.

TheSlow1

forum member
Reaction score
If you have improper settings on your injector tables and your engine displacement is off the it will not calculate properly. That was my issue

Stinger

forum member
Reaction score
It has nothing to do with the injectors. The correction factor was obtained using actual vs indicated mpg.

No wonder I couldn't figure out where that number came from...15 divided by 26.5...got it. Thanks.

MECH

Reaction score
Need to go the other way. Divide by .57 and it should be spot on if your mpg calcs are correct. I came up with 82431.

I know this is an old thread, but I was hoping someone may have some insight? I recently got a dyno tune after installing a PH turbo kit and my avg mpg readout is way high versus actual, similar to others posted in this thread. Using the reasoning mentioned in this thread, I calculated that the "Pulses Per Gallon" value would need to be changed to ~77000 to correct the display. After contacting my tuner, he is telling me that the maximum allowed by the SCT software is 65310. I am thinking on giving this a try, but I wanted to hear from others who have had the "Pulses Per Gallon" value modified in order to correct the readout display? Has this worked for you? were you able to enter a value higher than 65310?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back