put the silver pins stripes back on or not....

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
I'm having to redo my door panels, which really not that big of deal, but this time I'm doing the inserts in carbon fiber vinyl,so question should I add the silver pin stripes back to it or leave them off? please give honest opinion...

door panel with stripes,which was through paint shop just to test look

door panel without stripes

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
The pinstripe sorta takes away from the running pony. One or the other and I like the pony IMO.

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
I like it much better without as well... its a distraction as it doesn't seem to flow.

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the quick response ... I really appreciate your opinion.

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. door panel for drivers side is done ready to go back on the car on Wednesday.. will post pictures once back on car... no silver stripes this time... gives it a real clean look...

BLACK-MACHINE

living my 2nd child hood
Reaction score
not that i have any money, but are those custom made or a kit,,,, oh yeah, i like it with out the stripe

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
These were custom made by my audio sponsor Johnathan Demuth of T3 Audio back in 2007,the inside insert panels he made were painted silver,then he taped the pin stripes and painted the panel black. the black paint was chipping off in parts of it,so I decided to redo the panel inserts,but this time I did it in black plexiglass and put the carbon over it. The door panels also have red leds that lite up both the running pony and T3Audio,along with door handle. I haven't been able to get a picture with my camera of the leds lite up,that looks like it does in person.

picture doesn't do it justice...

Here's an old picture of what it looked like in 2008

not that i have any money, but are those custom made or a kit,,,, oh yeah, i like it with out the stripe

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
Got the drivers door panel back on the car today, I still have to connect/solder my speaker wires back on,then I'll wire the stuff in the center console and reinstall it.Then I'll take off the passenger side door panel off to fix it. Going to make sure everything is working right before I remove the other door panel.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back