PVT track day no 12s

gmantheman

forum member
Reaction score
Went to the pvt track day. I was having some issues getting it into 2nd. Adam (ST Motorsports) said to change the clutch fluid and not to do a long burnout just to a quick little spin. The fluid was getting too hot. All day I was hitting 1.7XXX 60' but still couldn't get into the 12s of course the D/A of 2200 to 2500 didn't help. I was shifting at 6500 RPMs but Adam suggested that I shift at 7K. I guess this helped a little.
Also, the tune didn't really make any difference. I was getting the same times with Amazon tuning Solution (ATS), Dante's Modular Performance (DMP) Dyno tune, American Muscle/Bama Race and American Muscle Performance.
My 60' were 1.7XX all day. E.Ts were 13.3s at 101.XX and one 13.185 at 102.10

06gtmustang

forum member
Reaction score
Damn that sucks. I still dont know why your trap speed is so low but atleast you have your 60' times at a good spot.

gmantheman

forum member
Reaction score
Damn that sucks. I still dont know why your trap speed is so low but atleast you have your 60' times at a good spot.
The D/A did have a little to do with it. Corrected MPH is about 105 which is still a little slow. I know this doesn't really affect traps but I believe my syncros are starting to go.

Noclutch

forum member
Reaction score
Don't give up.
That car should be hitting it by now. Yeah the da hurts a bit but sheesh. That 1.7 I would kill for, it would shave my time to 12.6.
Might need a little research on that shift issue, atf added sometimes helps I hear but check it out before.
PM me your slips, I'd like to put them in my spread sheet and see what your car is doing compared to mine at the same points. We are so close in mods the only difference is the trans and x pipe yet others around me with your same set up (man) are right there with me.

Back